Several issues Several issues

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Several issues

Started by daiver, June 15, 2006, 10:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daiver

Well, I've been toying around with Coppermine for the last 2 years but I've never gotten serious with it and do an entire project with Coppermine until today.  Several issues have come up and I would like to know if anyone here knows how to solve them.  For the record, I'm using Coppermine 1.4.8 Stable and the Oranje theme, both from Sourceforge.  The site in question is located here: http://mvd.urbanismocelular.com

1) Adsense

I've been trying to get Adsense going before I open to the general public.  I've seen several topics and have it *almost* figured out. If you clicked the link above, you noticed that the advertisements were not centered.  I haven't been able to center them either.  Does anyone know how to do it?  I edited theme.php to put those there, but now I'm sort of stuck.

Also, I would like to have the ads display on every single page in the exact same location.  It seems that the way to do this is by editing several times in different places in the theme.php.  Is there a work-around so that I can do this easily?  It's just that same block of ads, centered, on every page.

2) Categories and albums

I created the albums for the categories, but these are now showing in the main page and it looks quite messy.  Since some cats have up to three albums it is visually non-pleasing.  Is there a way to hide the albums from the category listing in index.php?  Something better would be if I could increase the font size of the category so there would be a clear tree distinction between the Category and the Album.

3) Oranje master table width

By "master table width" I mean the width of the main rectangle that holds everything.  I would like to make it a bit wider, how can this be done?

4) Language

For some reason, and even after changing the default language to spanish, when you first visit my site everything is in english.  It only switches to spanish if you manually click the flag in the footer.  Is there a way to make the default language spanish without having to click anything?

Thanks for your time and congratulations to the makers of Coppermine.  It's great software!

Paver

Please respect the "one issue per thread" rule on this forum.  It keeps the discussion organized and on topic, and each issue can be resolved independently.

If you find threads that are identical to your question, reply to them.  If you don't, start your own threads on the correct boards.

To get you started:
(2) Look at the configuration option "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" (and read the documentation).  The font size can be adjusted using a theme customization, through themes/yourtheme/style.css and/or through themes/yourtheme/theme.php.
(3) Ditto the last sentence about theme customization.  Look at themes/yourtheme/style.css and template.html.
(4) This is an oft-asked question about languages.  Please search the boards.  The simple answer is that Coppermine uses language auto-detection on browsers and ignores the configuration option if the auto-detection works.  At least one thread talks about removing this auto-detection.

After searching the boards, start new threads for each of your questions on the correct boards.  And please use a descriptive subject for each.  Think both about your own support needs and those of others who will later search and read your threads for self-assistance.