Antialiasing with GD1? Antialiasing with GD1?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Antialiasing with GD1?

Started by jakewalk, June 24, 2006, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakewalk

Hi,

on my host machine the following GD-Version is installed (extract from phpinfo):

GD Support: enabled
GD Version: 1.6.2 or higher
FreeType Support: enabled
FreeType Linkage: with freetype
T1Lib Support: enabled
JPG Support: enabled
PNG Support: enabled
WBMP Support: enabled

Imagemagick is not installed. Everything works fine, but the thumbnails look ugly, because they are generated without antialiasing. Is this a restriction of GD1 or can this be enabled somewhere?

Is it possible to generate the thumbnails manually and upload them (as a workaround)?

Regards,
jakewalk

Sami

- it's GD 1 restriction
- ask your host to enable gd 2 instead
- to create thumbnails manualy you should change core files.regular CPG wouldn't do that
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Tranz

You can manually create thumbnails and prepend the filenames with thumb_ and upload them along with the originals. But it would be better to ask your host to switch to GD2 as bmossavari suggested.

jakewalk

Hi,

thanks for your replies. Because GD2 is not available for me I generate the thumbnails with the Irfan View batch function and upload them afterwards.

Regards,
jakewalk