Uploading more than five files Uploading more than five files

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Uploading more than five files

Started by sokar, July 26, 2006, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sokar

Hi, is there a setting where I can change the number of files that can be uploaded.

I know there is batch file update, but as far as I can see, that's got to be done from the server.

I'm wanting to upload files from my HD.

jnc2000

If you have more then 5 files, and they are on your HD. Your best of IMO to use the batch add proccess. Upload the files to your albums folder via a ftp program. (firezilla) and then batch add them.

Abbas Ali

You can do so from the group manager page.

Change "File upload boxes:" to whatever value you want. This is done on group basis i.e. number of boxes will change for that particular group's users.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

You (as admin) should use FTP-upload plus batch-add anyway. Files get moved from your client to the server no matter what. Best way to move them to the server is using a protocol that was specifically designed for that purpose (FTP stands for "File Transfer Protocol"). As a webmaster, you should be used to using your FTP app. If you are not already, start now. You should at least have a little experience using your FTP app, because the coppermine files you need for the install are suppossed to be uploaded using FTP. If you have never used it before, this means that you've used an auto-installer, which is a nono, as the auto-installers provided by webhosts are know to be buggy and outdated.
Please read up the batch-add section of the docs, it's much faster and easier than fiddling with http uploads, especially if you try to add a larger amount of files in one go.
In fact, you should read the manaul anyway, as the suggestion posted by Abbas Ali can be read up in the docs as well. We're reluctant to answer questions on the board that are already answered in the docs. After all, there's a reason why we wrote the docs: we're not ready to repeat the same beginner questions over and over again.