How 2 keep language setting? How 2 keep language setting?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

How 2 keep language setting?

Started by tochiro, July 21, 2006, 10:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tochiro

Hello,

I noticed Coppermine does not keep the language setting I declared in the Config section.  I close the browser and everything is back to English.  How come?

Thank you for Coppermine and for your help.

Abbas Ali

Make sure that you save the changes on config page before closing the browser.

Also a link to your site might help.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

tochiro

Quote from: Abbas Ali on July 21, 2006, 10:42:35 AM
Make sure that you save the changes on config page before closing the browser.

Also a link to your site might help.

Yes I saved the changes.

Here is the link:  http://www.scandi-voyage.com/cpg148/index.php

Thank you for your time.

Joachim Müller

The language the gallery is being displayed in has a multi-level concept, the following steps are being performed:
  • Check being performed "has a specific language been set by cookie or URL parameter?". If yes, the gallery will be displayed in that language, all subsequent steps are being skipped
  • Step two: which language has the user set as default language in his browser? If that language exists as Coppermine language file, it will be used - the subsequent step will be skipped.
  • Last step: only if the previous steps both don't apply, the default language that the admin has set up on the config page will be taken into account

Note to self: will have to add a detailed explanation to the docs.

Joachim Müller

Quote from: GauGau on July 22, 2006, 11:26:44 AMNote to self: will have to add a detailed explanation to the docs.
Added to devel docs.