Error when Uploading Error when Uploading

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Error when Uploading

Started by jencinas, October 26, 2006, 10:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jencinas

Can you help I get this message when I try to upload

Error Report
The following uploads encountered errors:
File Uploads:
File Name/URL   Error Message
1. bajofestival.jpg   Impossible to move.

Can anyone help

Thank you

Joachim Müller

Set permissions as suggested in the docs. If this doesn't help, do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

jencinas

Thank you I look at the Docs and it explains about permissions but it does not say which folders or files I need to set to waht permission

Thank you

Joaquin Encinas

Joachim Müller

The script needs write permissions on the albums folder and everything within it; in my opinion this is being explained very detailed in the permissions section:
Quote2.1.1 Setting permissions
Coppermine needs write access to a number of files and folders on the webserver in order to accomplish the following:
  • during install, coppermine needs to create and write to the file "config.inc.php" in the "include" folder in order to store the necessary mySQL access data to run coppermine and to create and write the "install.lock" file, also in the same folder to prevent the installer from being run a second time after a successful install.
  • when using http uploads, coppermine needs to write the files that are being uploaded into the subfolders that you or your users create in the coppermine albums folder
  • regardless of the upload method, coppermine will create a thumbnail file and an intermediate file (if you have configured coppermine accordingly) and store it in a sub-folder in the "albums" directory, as well