Keyword link not working... Keyword link not working...

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Keyword link not working...

Started by jayme, January 05, 2007, 06:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayme

I have assigned keywords to all my albums, but they are not appearing in the drop down menu. A bunch of nonsense keywards are showing up there, which I cannot make go away.  The keyword works if you know what it is, but how on earth will users know what the keywords are to link uploads?  I have people that installed this gallery, but they don't seem to be able to answer the questions.  All they did was put more nonsense keywords into the drop down menu and tell me the keywords would show up after I uploaded pictures to the album.  This did not work.  Please talk 'slowly'.  I do not speak computer.... 

What do I do next?

François Keller

Hi,

if you read the doc http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#album_prop
you can see
QuoteIn 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file. The keyword function reads blank spaces between words as a 'break' and assumes that these words are separate words. If you must use phrases for your keywords, connect them with an underscore or by using the ascii space holder ctrl+Alt+0160 (NOTE: the latter option only works with latin based character sets.) Each album can only have ONE (1) keyword or keyword phrase. All pictures residing in different albums that you would like to be displayed in this album must have the same keyword or keyword phrase in their respective keyword fields. Pictures, unlike albums can have multiple keywords or keyword phrases separated by spaces. This provides you with the option to display pictures in many albums. For the visitor of these albums, it will appear as if the file/image had been uploaded to each.
is what that answers your question
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

jayme

Thanks Fantz, but I am not trying to search.  I am trying to make sure that people can put their uploads in multiple albums.  Once the picture is uploaded, you are given a drop down menu full of album keywords so you can choose which other albums to display in. It is this drop down menu that is haywire, and the only way that members can tell what the keyword is for the album. 

François Keller

The dropdown menu shows all keywords used in your galery, not only album keywords
Mon Blog

jayme

But why are the album keywords not showing up there?  And the others are not keywords I made, so where did they come from?  Where would they link someone's upload to?

François Keller

I expressed to myself badly: the keywords displayed are those that have been assigned to the pictures. Those of the albums are not taken in account in this list.
Mon Blog

jayme

So the drop down menu in the box that asks what other albums your picture should be in has nothing to do with choosing where your picture will go?

So how do people in a public gallery know how to link their picture into the proper album?  How do they know what the keyword is, because I can only see it in admin mode.  When I am logged in as a user, I cannot see the album keywords anywhere.

Nibbler

Album keywords are not visible to users.