Cannot Add photos in Coppermine Cannot Add photos in Coppermine

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Cannot Add photos in Coppermine

Started by zakkar, March 07, 2007, 10:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakkar

Hi ,
I have installed coppermine 1.4 x ver in a windows server. At first I have problems uploading the files because folders albums etc didn't have permissions. But I solved that. Now I can upload the pictures and i can see them in the albums/userpictures directory.
The problem is that when i finished the upload I am trying to include the picture into an album that has been already created. Coppermine displays a message which says(i'll try to translate in English) that "Cannot add the file into the album". The album although is valid.

I went to every directory and gave full access because i thought that this will solved my problems like the first time with the permissions. But with no success. Why I cannot include the picture in the album ? What can I do so I can make it work ?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you
zkar

Hein Traag

zakkar

Thank you very much for the answer.
I followed the steps that the documentation is saying and
Now I am able to see the error .
I am getting

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: -1

Cmd line :
"C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-6.3.3-Q16convert" -quality 90 -antialias -geometry 100x29 "C:/Inetpub/vhosts/royalspas-pools.gr/httpdocs/cpg/albums/userpics/pic30.jpg" "C:/Inetpub/vhosts/royalspas-pools.gr/httpdocs/cpg/albums/userpics/thumb_pic30.jpg

ImageMagick is not installed ? The site is hosted by a web provider. Is it something that I must do ?
Can you help me ?

Thank you
zkar

Nibbler

If that is the correct path then you need to add a trailing slash. If it is not installed then get it installed or use GD2 instead.

zakkar

THank you for your answer.

I don't know if it is the correct path because (I mean the program files etc..the other is correct) the gallery is hosted by a provider.
Where do i need to add the trailing shlash ?
Where can i find GD2 ? And how can i install it ? Should I contact the provider ?

I don't know what to do.

Thank you
zkar

Joachim Müller

Switch "method for resizing images" from ImageMagick to "GD2" in Coppermine's config.

Quote from: zakkar on March 08, 2007, 07:40:50 AM
Where do i need to add the trailing shlash ?
RTFM:
QuoteYou can not fake an ImageMagick path, you have to know it. If you're not sure, leave this field empty - Coppermine will then try to use GD by default. You can edit the path later as well in the config screen. You can only install ImageMagick or GD if the server is yours to administer - if you're webhosted, you probably can't. The user of the webserver, who wishes to use ImageMagick, will need read/write/execute permissions in the folder where ImageMagick's convert executable resides in.

Quote from: zakkar on March 08, 2007, 07:40:50 AM
Where can i find GD2 ? And how can i install it ? Should I contact the provider ?
Read the FAQ!

Stop asking question that are already being covered in the docs. It's mandatory to have read the docs before asking questions. Your questions clearly show that you haven't.

zakkar

Appreciate your help. I changed the Imagemagik to GD2 and it worked !!!!.
One final question. Just for my information. So the provider didn't install the imagemagik?? Cause I 'll have some words with him.
Thank you very much  and you can close the topic.
zkar

Nibbler

The path was set to C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-6.3.3-Q16
If the path was correct it needed to have a trailing slash when entered into the config page.

Joachim Müller

The path to ImageMagick mustn't contain spaces! We have a one question per thread policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Marking this thread as "solved"