Uploading for other users Uploading for other users

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Uploading for other users

Started by justducky, March 16, 2007, 04:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

Hi, I did a search through the documentation and searched the forums a bit but couldn't find anything that addressed my question.

I have a gallery over at http://www.chipndaleonline.com/gallery/    Because of a problem with my host, my original gallery was lost (all of the SQL profiles/tables hosted under the same account were purged during a server upgrade).  So I created a new gallery, but not all of my users have had the time to reupload their files, so the gallery isn't even remotely a shadow of its former self.

What I am wondering is if it is at all possible for me, as an admin, to reupload some of those files *without* the files showing me as the author/owner?  Like if I were to reupload all of user A's images, is there any way that I could edit them, or upload them in a way so that he retained ownership of the files (e.g., his name shows up under the file or with the file description as though he were the one that uploaded it), instead of having my name associated with them?  The only option I've been able to think of is to log in as each user and do it that way, but I was hoping there was a better solution, since I don't want to have to access each user's account in order to have their galleries reuploaded.

Any help would be much appreicated! 

Joachim Müller

Upload them as admin, then use phpMyAdmin to change ownership (edit coppermine's pictures table). Nothing built into coppermine's user interface to accomplish what you're up to.

justducky