sort order of user galleries sort order of user galleries

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

sort order of user galleries

Started by nickfzx, March 13, 2007, 11:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickfzx

after much searching (as this is a topic that has been covered a lot) I have decided to ask for help.

I want the default sort order of user galleries to be last-updated-album is first.  At the moment user galleries are sorted by the first registered user's album is shown first.

I only found this solution which is only for 1.3...I have the latest version(1.4.10)  :

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=21504.0

Any ideas how I might do this.

p.s.
If the above can't be done then I would like to know how to reverse the sort order so that the last registered user's gallery was shown first instead.

triepsyn

I'm also looking into this situation, have attempted many different ideas I found in other threads to no avail.

Thanks!  :D

Stramm

bridge/udb_base.inc.php

in the function get_user_data find 2 times
                        $sql .= "ORDER BY category ";
and replace category with the table field you want to sort. Add ASC or DESC for ascending, descending order

thumb_pid is valid or user_name

triepsyn

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.  8)

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I found the get_user_data x 2 and replaced both instances with the //$sql .= "ORDER BY thumb_pid DESC ";\\ code; did not work. I also tried to put the code behind the get_user_data. I tried it a few different times but it would not work for me.

Any thoughts? I'd really like my album to be sorted by the last update. I have it organized in alphabetical order now and it took like 100 clicks to get there with the manual up and down buttons.  :D

http://www.nwaimports.com/gallery/index.php?cat=7

Thanks for any and all help.

-Kristina  ;D

nickfzx

any ideas on how to do this anyone.

sorry, i don't really understand your instructions stramm

nickfzx

have followed your instructions as well as i can stramm but they produce no effect at all...

all I want is for the member galleries to be ordered by when they were last updated....last updated album first.

There is surely a way this can be done...I have searched the boards and can't find a way.

nickfzx

Quote from: Stramm on April 04, 2007, 08:10:18 AM
bridge/udb_base.inc.php

in the function get_user_data find 2 times
                        $sql .= "ORDER BY category ";
and replace category with the table field you want to sort. Add ASC or DESC for ascending, descending order

thumb_pid is valid or user_name

Stramm was in fact correct 100%, I was just using incorrect syntax, sorry for two previous posts

triepsyn

I've tried this a number of times using different combinations and nothing appears to work for me. Any suggestion?

I'm trying to get this: http://www.nwaimports.com/gallery/index.php?cat=48 ... To have the albums ordered by the last time they were updated.

Please help. Thanks.  :D