Can't distinguish between same album names during batch-upload. Can't distinguish between same album names during batch-upload.

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Can't distinguish between same album names during batch-upload.

Started by kkapadia, April 16, 2007, 01:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkapadia

During a batch upload, after you select the directory from which you want to add pictures, there is a pull-down menu to select what album you want the pictures to go into.  In the pull-down menu, the album names are listed and grouped by the direct parent catergory they reside in.  However, I have a situation where the album name and its direct parent category name are identical.  See example gallery structure below I have for my son after he was born.

My Son                 (most parent category)
    First Year Pics    (sub-category)
        January         (sub-category)
            Misc         (album name)
            Family       (album name)
            Playtime    (album name)
        February       (sub-category)
        March
    Secony Year Pics (sub-category)
        January          (sub-category)
            Misc          (album name)
            Family        (album name)
            Playtime     (album name)

so on, and so forth.

In the example above, you can see that January (sub-category) with album names Misc, Family, Playtime appear in First Year Pics and Second Year Pics categories.  The problem I run into is that when I do a batch upload and I get to the pull-down menu to choose what albums the pic should go into, the choices appear like this:

January
   Misc
   Misc
   Family
   Family
   Playtime
   Playtime.

Since the album name and only its direct parent category are shown, I have no idea if the first occurrence of the Misc album is for the January in First Year Pics category or the January in Second Year Pics category.  As you can see, the problem will just compound as the years go on.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,
Kamal

kkapadia

Anyone think of any kind of solution for this at all?  :-\

tommi123

Hi,

i have the same problem.

Cant anyone answer from the insiders?

gr

-tb

kkapadia

Hi all,

I haven't upgraded to the latest Coppermine in a while and no one has still responded to this question since I first posted it almost a year ago.  Any idea if their has been a fix to this in the newer version or anyone figure out a solution to this problem?  It seems like a big problem to me, especially if you are trying to keep your albums organized neatly.

Regards,
Kamal

PerformanceImagery

It's not been "fixed" in 1.4 but I've heard they are looking into it for 1.5 (I think).  With some creative category naming and structuring, you can get around it some what.  A real solution in a future versions would be nice though.

Joachim Müller

Only bugfixes (fixes for stuff that didn't work as expected) go into maintenance releases. There are new new features in maintenance releases. What you're up to would be an additional feature. You can't expect that from a maintenance release.