Large video files- how can they be uploaded Large video files- how can they be uploaded

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Large video files- how can they be uploaded

Started by EugeneAllan, May 02, 2007, 07:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EugeneAllan

I'm trying to upload large video files into Coppermine; animations consisting of a .swf and a .flv part. 

Is Coppermine trying to store these videos in the MySQL database?  If that is the case, can the video appear embedded in coppermine through pointing to its location on the server?

Respectfully asking for help,

Eugene.

Joachim Müller

No, the files don't go into the database - only the relative position (folder-wise) are being stored there, the files themselves remain on the webspace. To upload larger files, you (as admin) should use FTP-uploads plus batch-add. For details: do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs and post the needed details.

EugeneAllan

This information was very useful thank you.  It seemed to work.  A further question I have is that when I uploaded my files, they upload into the upload directory (of course).  Coppermine did not appear to move the files- does this mean all photos/media ever uploaded will go into the upload directory and be kept there forever?  Can I specify multiple upload locations from which Coppermine could do the batch uploading.

Thank you,
Eugene.

Joachim Müller

Quote from: EugeneAllan on May 03, 2007, 07:15:43 AMA further question I have
First of all: we have a strict "one issue per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Do so in the future!

Quote from: EugeneAllan on May 03, 2007, 07:15:43 AM
Coppermine did not appear to move the files- does this mean all photos/media ever uploaded will go into the upload directory and be kept there forever?
Yes, coppermine doesn't move files around: they stay where you uploaded them.

Quote from: EugeneAllan on May 03, 2007, 07:15:43 AMCan I specify multiple upload locations from which Coppermine could do the batch uploading.
Yes, you're even suppossed to create a folder structure within the albums folder. This is being explained in the documentation already. Please read the docs before posting questions, because that's why they have been created.