Photo's title modified by members Photo's title modified by members

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Photo's title modified by members

Started by herbuel, July 23, 2007, 03:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbuel

Hello,

* I'm the admin of the following albums: http://acperouges.openflyers.com/cpg1410/
* I posted several albums with photos
* I would like to give the right to certain users to modify the titles of them.

I've tried different configurations, but i can't find a way to do that. Could you help?

Regards. Alain HERBUEL

Joachim Müller

You can't. It's not a feature of coppermine.
You might want to review the mods board, there's a number of mods that give particular users limited moderator powers - maybe one of those mods is what you're looking for.

Apart from that: why should non-admins be capable to change something the admin has set up and that is owned by the admin?

herbuel

Hello,

Thanks for the response! ;o)

The idea is the following:
* I'm the Web admin of diffrent information & web systems at an airclub in France (http://aeroclub.perouges.free.fr/)
* After an event, i get all the photos of the event (a party, a special flight, etc.) the idea is to give the ability of certain members to give titles and description of all the photos in an certain album.

Apart, we use also personal albums.

If you have an idea to acheive this fonctionality... Thank you again. Regards. Alain

Joachim Müller

herbuel

I didn't see this mod in the documentation. I'll try it this week. Thank you again. Alain

Joachim Müller

Quote from: herbuel on July 24, 2007, 10:23:11 AM
I didn't see this mod in the documentation.
It is not being mentioned in the documentation. That's why I said
Quote from: GauGau on July 23, 2007, 03:39:51 PMYou might want to review the mods board, there's a number of mods that give particular users limited moderator powers - maybe one of those mods is what you're looking for.

Anyway, marking thread as solved.

herbuel

Hello,

This seems to e the solution of my problem. But you say: "Step 2: Download the zip file and replace". Where is this file?
(in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=2226dcd7b723f2b2837b9b66aad10274&topic=26218.0)

Best regards. Alain

Joachim Müller

Quote from: herbuel on November 10, 2007, 08:35:00 AM
This seems to e the solution of my problem. But you say: "Step 2: Download the zip file and replace". Where is this file?
Attached at the bottom of the first posting of the thread Moderators for Album pictures, see screenshot.

herbuel

Oups, i'm stupid  :P
Last question  :) How to use this mod pack? I searched in about all menus of the back office, and didn't find a way to setup album & user according to this module. Is there a doc somewhere?

Regards. Alain HERBUEL

Joachim Müller

Read the announcement thread - all information you need is contained in it. The mod you refer to is not a mod pack, but a single mod.