Uploading to Password-Protected Albums Uploading to Password-Protected Albums

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Uploading to Password-Protected Albums

Started by Kabaka, August 19, 2007, 02:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kabaka

As of writing this post, I have the latest stable version of Coppermine installed.

I have created an album that is password-protected. It is set up such that it is not listed on the main page of the gallery; you must know the address to get there. Guest/visitor uploads are allowed in both the album properties and group permissions. This is currently the only album on the gallery which allows visitor uploads. When a user that is not logged in (and has entered the correct password for the album) clicks the Upload File button, the gallery returns:

QuoteSorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files

Is there any configuration that would allow uploads to password-protected albums, or am I trying to do something completely crazy?

By the way, I did search the forum for previous posts reguarding this issue. There have been several unsuccessful attempts to get help, and a few active posts that suddenly became inactive once this issue was reached.

Sami

When you set an album as a password protected it be comes Private Album ( Album can be viewed by => Me only) but users can upload to public albums and their personal albums only

Quote from: Kabaka on August 19, 2007, 02:04:07 AM
Is there any configuration that would allow uploads to password-protected albums, or am I trying to do something completely crazy?

So the answer is no there isn't any configuration unless you code it
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Kabaka

I was afraid of that. I might have to venture to suggest that the option to allow guest uploads be disabled with the album set as password-protected, but this isn't the forum for that. ;)

Thank you for the quick answer. ;D

I am almost certain this will probably be the wrong forum of it, but I'll go ahead and ask just because it follows the flow of the post: could you point me in the correct direction on which file(s) will need editing to make this possible? I could figure it out on my own, but there's no sense in spending a few hours learning the layout of the code when I could just ask people who already know. ;)

Sami

look at upload.php at line #844 you will see how CPG lists the albums for uploaders checking if 'alb_password' has value under where clause may help you
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Kabaka

Thanks! I think I can get it from there. ;D

I really appreciate the fast replies. :) Thanks a bunch.