Prevent users from changing their own password Prevent users from changing their own password

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Prevent users from changing their own password

Started by big_smile, September 12, 2007, 07:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_smile

Hi

I am trying to set up a photo gallery, which users can only see if they have the correct password.

The idea is that instead of having individual usernames/passwords, there will be one account, which anyone can use provided they have the correct password
(This will avoid the need to register for accounts, which can be confusing for my target audience as they are not used to using computers. The account will only allow the user to view photos: they will not be able to modify them or post comments)

I am concerned that by doing this, a user may log-on with the account, and then change the password thus preventing other people from using that account (The risk of this happening is slim, as I doubt my target audience will work out how to change the password. However, I would like to eliminate the risk completely.).

Is there any way to set up an account so the user cannot change the password of this account?

Thanks for any help,

Nibbler

Why not just password protect the gallery directory?

Joachim Müller

Quote from: GauGau on September 10, 2007, 07:54:12 AMGiving multiple users the same login account is just a silly idea and not recommended at all. Has been discussed before, please search the board for such discussions. I strongly suggest to review the entire idea to give them only one login.
Please review "User should not be able to change password" (read the entire thread!!!). Please search before posting in the future (that's what I did to come up with the two threads I refered to).

big_smile