Problem with File Uploads - Unique Problem with File Uploads - Unique

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Problem with File Uploads - Unique

Started by larryve, November 21, 2007, 05:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryve

Can someone tell me who I might contact to try and resolve a problem I am having. This is problem!

I have been using Coppermine for more than a year and it is attached to a Photography Website I run. Just recently I have been having a problem with my members being unable to upload a file to an album in the Gallery. The error message received is "Failed to create directory albums/userpics/10055 !"

I can take this same file and upload to the same album with no problem, so I do not feel it is file specific. Additionally, I have logged on as this user, and tried many files of theirs as well as mine and get the same error message. Other members can upload to this album as well, and it seems to be a user specific problem.

Would appreciate any help you can provide, and I thank you in advance for your assistance.

URL for this site is http://www.apowonline.com/photo_gallery/index.php. The album is in the "Contest Gallery - Unusual Animals"

Nibbler

Not a feature request.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Ensure albums/userpics is writable and review the docs about safe mode.

larryve

Thank You. I am knew to th Board Setup.

Joachim Müller

Being new is a poor excuse for not doing as suggested in the docs when being told to do so. Is the issue solved?

larryve

I apologize. No, this problem has not been resolved. Also, If I create a New User now, the same problem occurs with the new user created. Existing Users do not appear to be having any problems nor have they had any. Thank you!

Joachim Müller

Then do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section. Nibbler has already posted a link to that section of the docs.