Batch Add problems Batch Add problems

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch Add problems

Started by boovenator, January 25, 2008, 05:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boovenator

I believe the only thing that has changed since I remember my gallery working perfectly other than upgrading to the current version, was my host upgraded to the newest version of Cpanel and said nothing changed that would affect my gallery.  I use the provide install files from your site and don't use an auto installer.  My problem is that I can batch add about only 20-25 files at a time(was able to add 50-75 before this); anymore and I'm kicked out of my gallery with a "You don't have permission to access this page" error.  Also if I have 21 or more files in an album I can't edit the files, and get the above mention error, which is more of a problem than the batch upload issue, until I hit some other magically number and I can't batch upload to the album anymore, but I can single file upload to the album.

Here is my album with a test user, and believe I have set everything correctly per you uploading help section
http://www.ryanvanbooven.com/coppermine/index.php
user: test
p/w:  test123

However, most of the time I receive a 500 error for "Premature end of script headers"  Every so often the main index page will come up, and I can go 2-3 pages, before the error will come back.

If this is the wrong sub-forum, plaese move, put it here since it start with batch add problems.
thanks

Nibbler

This is caused by your host adding extra security/hardening to PHP. It adds a limit to the amount of incoming data that will be accepted. These limits are fine for regular website visitors, but do not take the needs of site administrators into account.

When this limit is reached it just stops processing the data, which means the cookie is dropped (cookie data are processed after get and post) and you get logged out. Either get your host to increase the limits or exclude Coppermine from them. If they won't do that then you have to get used to the lower limits.

boovenator