Batch Upload and One Other Issue Batch Upload and One Other Issue

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch Upload and One Other Issue

Started by cariel, February 16, 2008, 11:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cariel

I just upgraded from 1.4.4 to 1.4.16. I did everything as instructed from the Coppermine Read Me. Everything looks and works just fine except the Batch Upload. It shows up and I can select a directory, but there's no 'OK' button to click on and it just refreshes back to the Select Directory again  :'(

http://rosebyrne.org/gallery

And there's also a an album http://rosebyrne.org/gallery/index.php?cat=27 that doesn't show any of the files! I didn't  touch or move ANY of the photo files so I have no idea why it's doing that or how to fix it!!!

PLEASE HELP!

cariel{at}dramatic-personae{DOT}net

cariel

I'd like to add that this is ONLY for my account. As ADMIN or USER Mode, I cannot view the files in the Ads section. I cannot Batch upload.

Everyone else has said they are able to view the files in the Ads section. Very strange indeed. ??? ???

Joachim Müller

Posting your email address doesn't make sense - there is no support by email. Instead: do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. Read on to the section that is named "asking for support on upload issues". That's what should tell you what you need to do if you have upload issues. Failing to do as suggested there will mean that we can not help you.

cariel

Thank you. I've already done exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs and read the section that is named "asking for support on upload issues." and this does not apply to the issue I'm having.

I was hoping for individualised help.

Joachim Müller

Really? You did as suggested there? Then I wonder why your posting doesn't contain a non-admin test user account, although the section "asking for support on upload issues" clearly says that posting this piece of information is mandatory. Let me quote that section to you once more, highlighting the stuff you apparently failed to read:
Quote4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages. This applies to all upload methods, not only HTTP uploads.

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
There is a reason why why made that section stand out, written in red on the original docs. Just for clarification: text in red usually indicates something important that should be over-read.

cariel

I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that, to be honest. I certainly won't have any of my co-webmistresses ask questions here since you certainly aren't very receptive to questions from users that are not as talented as you at Coppermine. So terribly sorry to have posted here to have my questions so quickly denounced as puerile.