Mass import plugin not working Mass import plugin not working

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Mass import plugin not working

Started by ikaruga, October 06, 2008, 12:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikaruga

I don't know if it's working or if I don't quite understand how it's supposed to work. Here's what I need to do:

Take my directories and turn them into albums. It's OK if the top level only gets turned into categories.

However, the mass import plugin seems to randomly turn stuff into categories.

Is there a way to do what I want to do? Or is there a way to turn a category into an album? I have about 6000 files and 300+ directories. Doing each directory by hand is out of the question.

Nibbler

The plugin gets supported at cpgcontrib, not here.

http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?board=25.0

Review how albums/categories work in Coppermine. If the folder contains an image then it must be an album. If a folder contains another folder then it must be a category. If the folder contains both other folders and images then it cannot be represented in Coppermine since sub albums are not supported and you can't have images in categories.

ikaruga

Nevermind. Looks like Mass import turns any directory with a subfolder into a category.
For me, this gives unexpected results. Will have to either tweak each folder by hand or tweak the mass import code.

ikaruga

Yeah that "feature" is pretty lame. No problem though. I went and "fixed" my albums so that directories I wanted to turn into categories did not contain images. In the end, it helped because it forced me to reorganize my photos. However, sub-albums would be a nice feature. Perhaps this is in 1.5.x?