Bug: German Umlaut in search Bug: German Umlaut in search

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Bug: German Umlaut in search

Started by tronics, August 16, 2009, 06:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tronics

This worked in 1.2.0
But it failes in 1.4.25

http://album.at/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=Fu%DFball

The German Umlaut in the url leads to a "no permission" page.

It doesnt work when using the search form
It doesnt work when using the URL in the Location.

Regards,
tronics

Joachim Müller

Works as expected for me using the search form as intended (using $_POST) in cpg1.4.x, so you'll need to clarify what you're actually doing. If you're using $_GET, you'll have to live with drawbacks, as it's an undocumented feature. Anyway, works as expected for me, see coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=weiß
Shouting "bug" seems inappropriate to me. You should at least have provided a real example URL instead of a dummy placeholder. Maybe you just got confused because you haven't used the proper transcription for the "ß" in an URL: it's %C3%9F and not just %DF

Joachim

P.S. Ä, Ö and Ü are Umlauts. The ß is a so-called "Ligatur" and not an "Umlaut", see de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ß (German) / en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ß (English)