Uninstall or moving the folders Uninstall or moving the folders

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Uninstall or moving the folders

Started by theebiggestfan, August 27, 2009, 07:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theebiggestfan

so I installed coppermine gallery to my public server but i forgot to put it in a gallery folder so now it's all over the place should I uninstall and re-install it to the gallery folder or should I just move it. If I move the stuff can I just do that? Or will there be an error or is the installation just the files and doesn't matter if I move them or not?

phill104

You should be able to simply move all the coppermine files into the sub-directory but you must retain the structure. Coppermine is made up of the program (all the files) and your data (pics stored in the albums folder and the info about them and your users etc in a MySql database)

Before you start, take a backup of the files and make a backup of your database (you won't be fiddling with it but it is always good practice to do so).

Once you have moved all the files you will need to go into config and in general settings change the URL of your coppermine gallery folder.

If it works then you may need to upgrade depending on what version of coppermine you are using. As you did not post a link to your gallery (as per board rules) we cannot tell that as our crystal balls are all worn out this week and their is a world shortage.

Moving to the Misc section as this is not related to the initial install.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.