[Closed]: "Impossible to move file" Error Message [Closed]: "Impossible to move file" Error Message

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

[Closed]: "Impossible to move file" Error Message

Started by dukhunter99, October 26, 2009, 11:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukhunter99

When I upload a photo, it seems to work but when I go to place it into an album, I get a "Impossible to move file ..../...../...." message. I have done everything as directed in the documentation and manual. I've checked the php.in file and seems to be correct. Can someone help me with this?

Gallery URL: http://guernseysheriff.com/thompsonimagegallery

Test Account:
Username: test
Password: test

debug is on and admin upload approval is off.

Thanks in advance!

dukhunter99

Jeff Bailey

Asking this just to make sure  ;)
Have you checked the permissions for
/albums, /albums/userpics, /albums/edit
They should be 777 or 755 (try both)
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

dukhunter99

Yes, I doubled checked them. Albums folder and everything under it is 777.

Question for you?

open_basedir in my php.ini file shows "no value" for the temp folder. Is that correct?

dukhunter99

Found something else!

I'm looking at my php.ini file.

It shows the "upload_tmp_dir" setting as "no value". Is there supposed to be a path to a folder here.

I'm on a VPS server so I'm wondering if it was never set up!

Jeff Bailey

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,24088.msg110684.html#msg110684 - Explains about upload_tmp_dir and open_basedir.
Have you checked in your phpinfo in the admin tools, if safe mode is on? If it is, that link also explains how to define the silly safe mode constant in your config.inc.php.
Let us know if anything works out for you.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

omega

Hi,

Brand new to Coppermine, not much of a techie and not a programmer. I get the
same error message and I need step by step instructions, please and thank you, :-)
of what I need to do if indeed the issue is that the 'temp dir' needs to be set.
Please keep in mind I'm a direct descendent of 'Sgt. Shultz' on Hogan's Heroes:
"I know nothing".

DW

phill104

You could always start by reading the board rules, specifically the one stating that you should start your own thread. ;). There is also one that requires you to always post a link to your gallery.

In both of your cases, this is not really a coppermine issue but a hosting issue. You need to speak to them to get your temp_dir set correctly as it is unlikely that you have the permissions required to do it yourself.

Hopefully, this is the only oversight your host has made. ::)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

@"Feldwebel Schulz": do exactly as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues". Do so in a thread of your own. Locking this one.