Can't make category Can't make category

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Can't make category

Started by skitnica, May 03, 2011, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skitnica

Hello,

I've been using coppermine 1.4x, but a problem occurred - I was unable to create new categories. It didn't matter much, I could sill make my albums.
Now I moved to another host, started everything anew, decided maybe there was a problem with the database so didn't bother to import it to the new gallery. I tried 1.4x and 1.5x and I again can't create categories.
I just click to create new category and the next thing I see is blank page and nothing after that.

I don't know if it matters, but the gallery is in a sub-domain.

Where am I making a mistake?

Αndré

Please post a link to your gallery and enable debug mode for everyone.

skitnica

Αndré

Is this a new, empty gallery? If so I assume that you haven't installed any plugins or applied modifications. And you still get a blank page when you try to visit that page: http://www.gallery.toni-dacheva.com/catmgr.php ?

skitnica

That's right. It is brand new, absolutely empty gallery. No plugins, no themes, brand new sub-domain & database.
Just the regular gallery files uploaded and the installed without a problem.

However, the register_globals is enabled on the server, I see the message all the time. Could this have any effect on me creating a category?

Αndré

Coppermine works fine with register_globals enabled and also the domain name shouldn't matter. I guess it's a performance/memory issue. Please try if it works when you increase the PHP memory limit.

skitnica

My memory limit is currently 64M. Isn't it usually enough?

Αndré

Yes that should be enough. Do you get blank pages on other places in the gallery? Works everything else as expected?

skitnica

Everything else is OK. I created an album, uploaded some photos, and all look fine. No blank pages, no errors, nothing wrong.

Αndré

Try to replace the catmgr.php file on your server. Maybe it's corrupt.

skitnica

Replaced it, still the same ;)

Αndré

Okay now starts the annoying part: we have to find out why the blank page occurs by modifying the catmgr.php file. Try if it works if you comment out
get_subcat_data(0);
and/or
display_cat_list();

skitnica

No, commented out the first line, nothing, then both, then only the second. Same result every time - blank page.

Αndré

Try to play a little bit with that file. Remove/comment out more and more code until it works. For a start I'd try to comment out those functions additionally to the other two functions:

• fix_cat_table();
  • form_alb_thumb();
  • $lb = cat_list_box($current_category['parent'], $current_category['cid'], false);
  • update_cat_order();
  • ob_end_flush();

skitnica

These are as well in the catmgr.php file, right?

Because my text editor and I may be going insane, but I can't find this code...

Αndré

Sorry I accidentally opened the catmgr.php file of cpg1.4.x ::)

As suggested, remove code until the catmgr.php file prints something. You can also give me ftp access via PN if you want me to have a look at that file.

skitnica

No need to bother  youmore, just one last thing - I'll continue comment out code, but there is for sure some part of this code that MUST be there to actually do the job. So is there a piece of code I should not comment out?

Αndré

The current goal is to find the cause for the blank screen. Of course all (or at least most) of the code is needed to let the category manager work properly.