weird critical error weird critical error

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

weird critical error

Started by TerryG, August 21, 2004, 05:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryG

Ok,

So this one user (out of 200) is now getting an error whenever she tries to upload...
  Script called without the required parameter(s).

I have uploaded without any problems, I have even used HER account info to upload without any problems.  I have read all the (seemingly) relevant threads on the board (and modified my .htaccess file for the register_globals problem) without any success in resolving her issue.

I'm now wondering if it could be something isolated on her computer or ISP.   Could a cookie setting be responsible for this, or does anything else come to mind???

I haven't enabled the debug option because I know the rest of our users would freak (they are not very computer literate) so I was also wondering if anyone has written a hack/mod to allow enabling debug on a per-user basis.   I don't think this would be too hard...I'm tinkering with init.inc.php to allow this

Terry

Joachim Müller

does she use the coppermine navigation to upload or does she enter the url of a coppermie file manually by enterering a name into the address bar or visiting a bookmarked link?

GauGau

TerryG

hey GG,

That's an interesting question -- I'll ask her.  In the meantime I just did some experimenting and COULD NOT get the system to give me any kind of error by entering bad data into the file name field.  

I tried not entering anything, entering a garbaged name, entering a valid name for a file that doesn't exist...
 and coppermine handled it all with grace!

Terry

Here's the code I'm testing for a user-specific debug...
in init.inc.php, after the $CONFIG and $USER_DATA arrays are loaded.  If the standard DEBUG flag is set, a further test is performed by reading the values from a new table, DEBUGSPEC, which can include user names or a wildcard '*'

If there are no rows in DEBUGSPEC then the standard (global) DEBUG is left unchanged...

// Test for user-specific debug mode
if ($CONFIG['debug_mode']) {
 // debug is enabled, so read the debug pattern
 $results = db_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_DEBUGSPEC']}");
 if (mysql_num_rows($results))
 {
   $CONFIG['debug_mode'] = false;
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($results)) {
        if ( ( strcasecmp($row['username'], $USER_DATA['user_name']) == 0) ||
             ( strcasecmp($row['username'], "*")==0)) {
           $CONFIG['debug_mode'] = true;
           break;
        }
   } // while
 }
}

TerryG

GauGau,

The user reports that she uses the browse button.  And her last few upload attempts have succeeded, so perhaps the "register_globals" setting (fixed by a .htaccess file) was to blame.

I hate intermittent errors!  ;)

Terry