weird critical error weird critical error

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

weird critical error

Started by TerryG, August 21, 2004, 05:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryG

Ok,

So this one user (out of 200) is now getting an error whenever she tries to upload...
  Script called without the required parameter(s).

I have uploaded without any problems, I have even used HER account info to upload without any problems.  I have read all the (seemingly) relevant threads on the board (and modified my .htaccess file for the register_globals problem) without any success in resolving her issue.

I'm now wondering if it could be something isolated on her computer or ISP.   Could a cookie setting be responsible for this, or does anything else come to mind???

I haven't enabled the debug option because I know the rest of our users would freak (they are not very computer literate) so I was also wondering if anyone has written a hack/mod to allow enabling debug on a per-user basis.   I don't think this would be too hard...I'm tinkering with init.inc.php to allow this

Terry

Joachim Müller

does she use the coppermine navigation to upload or does she enter the url of a coppermie file manually by enterering a name into the address bar or visiting a bookmarked link?

GauGau

TerryG

hey GG,

That's an interesting question -- I'll ask her.  In the meantime I just did some experimenting and COULD NOT get the system to give me any kind of error by entering bad data into the file name field.  

I tried not entering anything, entering a garbaged name, entering a valid name for a file that doesn't exist...
 and coppermine handled it all with grace!

Terry

Here's the code I'm testing for a user-specific debug...
in init.inc.php, after the $CONFIG and $USER_DATA arrays are loaded.  If the standard DEBUG flag is set, a further test is performed by reading the values from a new table, DEBUGSPEC, which can include user names or a wildcard '*'

If there are no rows in DEBUGSPEC then the standard (global) DEBUG is left unchanged...

// Test for user-specific debug mode
if ($CONFIG['debug_mode']) {
 // debug is enabled, so read the debug pattern
 $results = db_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_DEBUGSPEC']}");
 if (mysql_num_rows($results))
 {
   $CONFIG['debug_mode'] = false;
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($results)) {
        if ( ( strcasecmp($row['username'], $USER_DATA['user_name']) == 0) ||
             ( strcasecmp($row['username'], "*")==0)) {
           $CONFIG['debug_mode'] = true;
           break;
        }
   } // while
 }
}

TerryG

GauGau,

The user reports that she uses the browse button.  And her last few upload attempts have succeeded, so perhaps the "register_globals" setting (fixed by a .htaccess file) was to blame.

I hate intermittent errors!  ;)

Terry