can't add links to images on other servers can't add links to images on other servers

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

can't add links to images on other servers

Started by mdy, July 06, 2004, 02:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdy

my server has high security settings which i'm not able to change.
it doesn't allow me to add links to images on other servers
this 3 php warnings appear:
1. getmypid, dl, leak, listen, chown, chmod, chgrp, realpath, tmpfile, link, mb_send_mail() has been disabled for security reasons in coppermnie/upload.php on line1611
2. fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in coppermine/upload.php on line 1624
3. fopen(pic-url): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in coppermine/upload.php on line 1624

and then i have the coppermine error that the image
was not added because of "access to path denied"

how can i still add URLs to my galleries?

Joachim Müller

Answer: not at all. Your webhost did this on purpose for sure. You will have to download the pics from the remote servers and upload them "the old-fashioned way". Having said that, you have to understand that even if the feature worked for you, the pics would get downloaded to your server and be hosted there - you can't hotlink to pics on other servers and we (the dev team) have no intention to add such a feature.

GauGau

Manitcor

Im not sure if this has been posted but considering that there are some hosts that do this. Perhpas it would be a good idea to include an option on the config panel that disables URL uploads so that users dont complain that it doesnt work everytime they try it.

I havent gotten to deep into your site yet so the info may be there but does the dev team accept code submissions for the core code tree?

kegobeer

A gallery admin already has the ability to "turn off" URL uploads - please read the documentation.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots