[SOLVED] Cannot upload - all details included [SOLVED] Cannot upload - all details included

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Cannot upload - all details included

Started by regaldragon, July 09, 2004, 04:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

regaldragon

Maybe I missed something, but I cannot upload files at all. I'm hoping someone can point out something I missed that can solve this. All details below.

Brand new gallery - never successfully uploaded any files.
Windows equivalent of 777 or 755 set for required folders. - Checked and double checked with host support staff on this.
Will not upload single files, multiple files, or batch uploads while in Admin mode.
My admin account quota set to 40MB.
Tried test user account with "registered user" group permissions properly set, quota 15MB. Created album, but can't upload.
Coppermine configured to allow Admin and Registered uploads.
Attempted files as small as 36k.
For batch attempts - lists ftp'd files but "x" instead of thumbnail, PB result after "insert selected files"
"0 files uploaded" for single file attempts. No error messages or warnings given.
All files attempted are jpg - gallery set to accept jpg & gif
Checked mySQL db tables - everything seems ok, tables are listed for coppermine albums, etc.
Have not manually edited any files except theme style sheet and template.

Server System:
Web hosted with Parcom
Windows NT ARCHER 5.0 build 2195
mySQL version 3.23.56
GD enabled, version: bundled (2.0.15 compatible), all GD settings enabled.
PHP Version 4.3.4
Safe mode off
max_execution_time 3600
max_input_time 3600
memory_limit not listed in phpinfo
post_max_size 10M
upload_max_filesize 10M
Max size for uploaded files (KB) 2048
Upload attempts well within PHP config default settings as well as gallery config settings.
Temp dir located at C:\PHP\uploadtemp on server, open_basedir set to "no value"
allow_fopen_url enabled

Many thanks to any one who can help.

Christa

Joachim Müller

Please post a link and test user account (non-admin), as well as a screenshot of the permission settings for the albums folder.

GauGau

regaldragon

www.christawatkins.com/coppermine/

ID: testuser
PW: testuser

Can't post ss of permissions settings because they are set by my host. When I check properties in my FTP app, they're greyed out and unchecked regardless of the actual settings. The only reason I know this is because I had permissions set on a prev. directory for something else, and the permissions settings didn't show on my end, but it worked fine.  They're nice people though, so I sent them another e-mail asking them to check the permissions a third time just to be sure.

Christa

Joachim Müller

When logging in to your site using the test account provided and trying to upload, I get this error message:
QuoteError Report
The following uploads encountered errors: 
File Uploads: 
File Name/URL Error Message
1. vedrana.jpg Forbidden file extension.
Please post a screenshot of your config page, especially the bit around "Allowed image types"

GauGau

regaldragon

Talk about overlooking the obvious -- changed file types to ALL. Waddaya know, it works now. I didn't get any error message when I initially tried to upload single files, so I didn't realize that might be the problem, but after I posted the screen shot above I decided to try it.

Thanks for your help!

Christa

Danika

Sorry.. Not solved..

I have the same problem as the original poster except I have my extensions set to "ALL" and I'm getting..

Information
0 uploads were successful. 
CONTINUE

Error Report
The following uploads encountered errors: 
File Uploads: 
File Name/URL Error Message
1. sideimage.jpg Forbidden file extension.

I never knew .jpg was an unnacceptable extension for an image..  :-\\

Lemme know what you need from me..

Thanx..

~|d-_-b|~

Joachim Müller

re-read this thread: you will find what information the supporters asked the original author of this thread to provide. If you need help, you will have to provide the same information as well.

GauGau

P.S. The thread has been flagged as [Solved] because it is solved for the original author "regaldragon". It appears you're experiencing another issue...

Danika

Okay sorry, didn't think you wanted me making a new thread for the same problem but meh..

Never mind.. I fixxxy.. :D

And I just wanted to say that this is a very impressive piece of software..

For what it's worth.. Good job guys..

~|d-_-b|~