Is there a way to put albums under albums!? Is there a way to put albums under albums!?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Is there a way to put albums under albums!?

Started by Charles Waters, August 25, 2015, 03:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Waters

Good evening all:

I was wondering if there is a way to layout albums under another album!? I have checked the doc's, FAQ's, and the options within the album / category configuration and I can't find anything. What I am looking for is something like this:

Main Category
|
|
|-->2015
|        |--> Day 1
|        |--> Day 2
|
|--> 2016
         |--> Day 1
         |--> Day 2

Is this at all possible!?

Thank you so much in advance. I want to throw about 900 pictures of our car show up tomorrow while at work, but can't get this figured out without creating additional unwanted categories and/or albums.

Αndré

Albums cannot contain sub-albums, but categories can contain sub-categories. So in your example "2015" and "2016" need to be categories.

Charles Waters

Quote from: Αndré on August 25, 2015, 09:17:48 AM
Albums cannot contain sub-albums, but categories can contain sub-categories. So in your example "2015" and "2016" need to be categories.

That's what I did. I figured if there was something I was missing, I could always look at moving things around. It isn't too bad having it that way.

Any idea on if the Sub Albums are a thought for the next release!?

Αndré

Quote from: Charles Waters on August 25, 2015, 10:48:01 PM
Any idea on if the Sub Albums are a thought for the next release!?

As far as I know there are currently no plans to add such a feature. Feel free to check our feature requests board and start a new thread, so we can decide later if it will be added in a later release.