Problems batch adding pictures now - different from other batch add problems Problems batch adding pictures now - different from other batch add problems

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Problems batch adding pictures now - different from other batch add problems

Started by Shells1982, July 23, 2004, 07:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shells1982

Ok well, I've been using coppermine on my server for quite awhile and have had no problems until recently.  I recently installed netpbm (a thumbnailing script) to one of the domains on my server and it seems like after I did that I've been having problems with Coppermine on every domain i own.  When I go to batch add the pictures I added, all it gives me is a big red x for the thumbnail and then when I try to add the pictures it gives me a big red x where the "ok" symbol should be.  I even tried totally deleting coppermine on one of the sites and reinstalling and that didnt help either so I'm not sure of what I should do.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Shells1982

I forgot to mention I use GD2 for thumbnails becuase my server doesnt support Image Magick.

Joachim Müller

what does you phpinfo say? Maybe the netpbm install messed with the php settings. Is there a GD section in phpinfo, and what does it say?

GauGau

Shells1982

I ran a phpinfo before I even posted here and it didnt say anything about GD but I know I have it because I've been using Coppermine all this time.  Although I completely deleted the domain that had netpbm installed so I figured that would fix things and it didn't.  Any other ideas as to what I can do?

Tarique Sani

1) Installing netpbm will not interfere with Coppermine
2) Possibly the GD install on your server was also messed up
3) Can you add pictures nromally
4) Link to your gallery with test account
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

Shells1982

I didnt install GD on my server..its always been there and its always worked before I installed netpbm...so I dont understand what else could be wrong besides that.  I have not done anything else differently.  I also dont know how to add pictures normally..I thought batch add was the normal way....I made a login at my gallery http://ioan-gruffudd.org/visuals with the username test and the password test.  Thanks for the help.

Tarique Sani

Shells1982

I've never uploaded via my browser...I upload them via FTP and then batch add them all the time and its always worked fine until now.  But the pics themselves do upload because I click on the thumbnails in the batch add and they pop up.  Something is just screwed with the thumbnails for some reason.

Tarique Sani

1) You had not run the latest update.php - I ran it for you
2) Your server does not allow file uploads for PHP ....
3) When I do view image on the broken thumbnail I get - Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home2/ioan/public_html/visuals/showthumb.php on line 86

Bottomline - your server is crippled ask your host to help out

P.S. you may delete the test account

Shells1982

Coppermine has been working fine for a year now until I installed netpbm and then it went screwy on me.  You're absolutely sure it has nothing to do with that?  It just strikes me as odd that as soon as I install that things start messing up.

Tarique Sani

Assure me that function  imagecreatefromjpeg() and file uploads work - and we will discuss this further. Past behaviour of server is no guarantee of anything

Shells1982

I'm not sure how to assure you of that.   All I know is that up until 2 days ago Coppermine was working fine and all we did that day was update our firewall, update our mailserver and install netpbm on one of the domains.  I also know that when I clicked on one of the thumbnails in the batch add that were there, the picture popped up.  So I don't know what else could've caused this problem.

Tarique Sani

Show me a test with those two things running - if you can't do it yourself then ask someone to do it for you.

If those two things are working only then can we say that Coppermine is not doing what it should - otherwise it is that your server  does not meet the minimum requirements needed to run Coppermine - your insistance that you did not change anything while perhaps being  absolutely true does not negate what the facts are as observed by me!

Eveline

i've got the same problems as you shells1982..

after php has been updated, i can't upload pics anymore. i also get the red X, the thumbnails doesn't appear and also the ok button doesn't..

i've GD and Image magick on my server but it doesn't work.. :(