no folder for batch upload no folder for batch upload

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

no folder for batch upload

Started by duca, July 23, 2004, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duca

hi there
i updated my gallery from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 and encountred an error mith batch upload. the single upload is ok but there is no folder when i try to batch up load. on the older version there was no problem with that.
what can i do?
thanx
duca

Joachim Müller

You mustn't ftp-upload to the userpics folder. You were never meant to, in no version of coppermine. In CPG1.3.x, we just enforce this policy by hiding the userpics folder from sight during batch-add. This is all explained in the documentation that comes with the coppermine package, and has been asked (and answered) often on this board. Next time, please read the docs first, then search the board. Only if you find no answer, you're meant to post your question.

GauGau

volcanina

I had the same problem, but found the solution here (yehey, I am a user that reads FIRST, then asks :-*)

However as a suggestion, I would recommend to create an empty folder like FTP_UPLOAD_FILES_HERE in the Distribution package, which would elimiate the above question to come up again.

Tarique Sani

Nice to know that you read first and ask later - your suggestion still won't be cure for people who do not care to read the documentation :)
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

volcanina

I think it would help, as everyone sees at least one folder after the install. My problem was that I have not seen any folder at all, as I was using the Userpics folder for my uploads in 1.2. If there would have been another folder, I would have been smart enough to use it :-)