Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in searchnew.php Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in searchnew.php

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in searchnew.php

Started by Tobbe, August 01, 2004, 01:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbe

When using the batch upload i get the following error and not all directories are listed that i have in my albums folder.
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in /usr/export/www/vhosts/funnetwork/hosting/feeling/cpg1.3.1/searchnew.php on line 219

sometimes more directories are listed but ususally the latest are missing

Nibbler

Tobbe

Joachim Müller

max execution time of 10 seconds is rather low, the default value is 60 seconds afaik. Are you webhosted or self-hosted? Please post a link to your page as well.

GauGau

Tobbe

I am webhosted on a free webspace (www.funpic.de). Sometimes it works perfect but most of the time the error appears.
my page: www.fsg-uncut.de

Joachim Müller

I'm afraid there's little you can do then, they probably won't change their server settings for you. One of the drawbacks of free webhosting... :-X

GauGau

Αndré

hi,
i'm using cpg 1.3.0 and get the same error (i'm at www.funpic.de and cannot change the server-config, too)
i share the gallery with some friends and we have over 34k pictures in ~360 albums.. every album is in an extra directory on the ftp and that's why we get a huge directory-list!

albums
  user1
    album1
    album2
  user2
    album1
    album2
  user*
    album*
..and so on

is it possible to change the searchnew.php (or any other file.. i don't know) so, that every user can onlysee his albums when he press on the "batch add"-button?
if the path to all albums is "albums/" the path to the user-specific albums will be "albums/<username or sth.>/"

this would reduce the size of the dir-list and i think the script will not timeout..

Joachim Müller

1) FTP-upload and batch-add is only meant for the gallery admin, not the user. Making several users an admin is not a good idea
2) cpg1.3.0 is very outdated, it's mandatory that you upgrade at least to cpg1.3.5
3) cpg1.4.x has a browsable batch-add interface. Using cpg1.3.x, there's little you can do.

Αndré

every user (that upload pictures) has admin-privileges.. earlier it worke fine, when we had less files

okay.. that we have to update to 1.4.x ...thx!

Joachim Müller

Quote from: eenemeenemuu on December 02, 2005, 01:40:46 PM
every user (that upload pictures) has admin-privileges.. earlier it worke fine, when we had less files
Would you be giving several people your credit card? I guess not. Admin access is only meant for persons you absolutely, fully trust. Don't make them admin just as a workaround to give them ftp-upload and batch-add privileges.

Αndré

Quote from: GauGau on December 02, 2005, 03:48:48 PM
Admin access is only meant for persons you absolutely, fully trust.
i know what admin access is for.. and i fully trust these person because they are my friends. but this wasn't the topic.
i'll try cpg4 in the next time

mfg
muu