chmod keeps resetting chmod keeps resetting

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

chmod keeps resetting

Started by togi, August 05, 2004, 08:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

togi

installed my coppermine last march and everything seemed to work till a few days ago...
now cant upload any photo unless batch... did i do anything wrong?

i reset the folder to chmod 777 but it always resets back to 755..
website is www.photo.net.ph

here is a copy of the batch upload folder saying that it is not writable..  ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Joachim Müller

did you set chmod settings in coppermine config to 777 as well?

GauGau

togi

how do you set it in coppermine?

i didnt check that because it used to work and now it doesnt...

Joachim Müller

log in to coppermine as admin, admin mode, choose "configuration" from the admin menu, search for "Default mode for directories". Change the value to 777. Hit "save new configuration".

GauGau

togi

Thank you for your quick response..

i already did the changing of chmod on coppermine but its directories are still not writable.

here is configuration set up..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Joachim Müller

your server may be configured "exotically". Ask you webhost for support on how to CHMOD, so the folder is writable for PHP.

GauGau

togi

Thank you for all your help.

this is the message i got:

We are currently having some problems with a few web servers due to an upgrade of apache
that went bad. The problem is being fixed as we speak. If you are getting this email it means
that your site could be affected by this outage. We apologize for any downtime and your sites
will be back up as soon as possible.