[Solved]: mysql error with batch upload [Solved]: mysql error with batch upload

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

[Solved]: mysql error with batch upload

Started by discopope, August 07, 2004, 08:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

discopope

Ok, I cannot get batch upload to work due to some mySQL error.  I have created a folder in the album dir called "europe" and I have 3 folders underneath it (one for each city I visited).  Each of these sub-folders has pictures, and when I click "Batch Upload" I can see them listed very nicely and correctly.  But clicking any of these folders generates an error:

While executing query "SELECT DISTINCT a.aid as aid, a.title as title, c.name as cname FROM cpg130_albums as a, cpg130_categories as c WHERE a.category = c.cid AND a.category < '10000' ORDER BY cname,title" on 0

mySQL error: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WebServ   emp\#sql_540_0.MYI' (Errcode: 22)

I am running CPG 1.3.1, mySQL 4.0.20a, php 4.3.7, and apache 2.0.49 (all on WinXP, its my own server).  I have googled my butt off looking for information on either this coppermine problem or mysql error, but have turned up nothing helpful.  I suspect it may be as easy as setting a flag for mysql, or maybe just upgrading something...but for now Im lost.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Mike

http://www.discopope.net/coppermine/ if anyone wants to poke around.

Joachim Müller

Your mySQL table appears to be broken. Use a database tool like phpMyAdmin to run a repair on the database. Since you're running your own server, you can as well use the command line tools - refer to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Repair.html

GauGau

discopope

I tried reparing the table in question (cpg_albums) and it didn't help.  So I got ambitious and completely removed coppermine...I dropped the entire database and deleted all its files from the server.  Then I re-installed with version 1.3.1 and it worked...for awhile.  It let me do one batch upload, which worked perfectly, then I attempted another one and it gave me the same error.  Any ideas?

Mike

Joachim Müller

use the mySQl tools to find out what's wrong - your mySQL file appears to be corrupt, maybe it's even on a broken sector of your hard drive. The error message clearly says that your mySQL database is broken, you will have to fix this first before trying anything else.

GauGau

discopope

I solved the problem.  Turns out the albums table was fine.  The problem was some obscure error in the my.ini file in which some invalid character had been written to the tmpdir option, causing mysql to try and write to an invalid folder (this is why it said it was trying to write to c:\webserv emp" instead of "c:\webserv\temp").  Anyway, the problem was so obscure, I didn't notice it until I was poking around the mySQL Administrator tool and saw it was displaying some unusual character for the tmpdir option.  I simply removed the character within the admin tool and saved it, and now its working.

BTW, a note for windows users who may come across this...Notepad did NOT display the invalid character, so beware.

Mike