View IP address of uploader View IP address of uploader

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

View IP address of uploader

Started by DrGamez, September 03, 2004, 01:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGamez

I have rules set in place for my gallery - and it has gotten to the point where if you upload certain pictures, I will just ban you. The only problem is I use phpBB intergration, so I get people showing up as "Anonymous", uploading pictures.

Is there a way to view the IP of the uploader, or to put a restriction on uploading from the username "Anonymous"? I already searched and GaguGagu said try making a user named Anonymous (for some other reason) but phpBB wont allow that username to be used.

I'm running CGP: 1.3.1 and phpBB 2.0.6 on a unix server.

kegobeer

I'm not really familiar with phpbb, but have you tried adding the members you want to upload photos to a new membergroup (in phpbb) and only letting that new membergroup post pictures (via the group control panel in Coppermine, and making sure the individual albums are set the same way)?

For example:  You have three people you want to give image upload permission to.  Create a new membergroup called Imageuploaders and add them to it.  Then go into Coppermine and via the group control panel, only allow Imageuploaders to have personal galleries.  If you allow members to post in public albums, make sure only Imageuploaders can Upload files.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

The IP address of the uploader is being stored in coppermine's picture table, you could easily look it up, but banning by IP is futile, since most users have IP addresses assigned to them dynamically by their ISP.

Joachim