Ver1.3.2 Upload images Problem Ver1.3.2 Upload images Problem

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Ver1.3.2 Upload images Problem

Started by cisla, September 08, 2004, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cisla

Hello
I've just installa a new 1.3.2 Coppermine version.
Installed on Hosting Linux server. ( php, mysql, ImageMagick etc. )

The installation goes done , I've created Categorie, Albums etc.
All Directory are chmod 777 and files chmod 666
Debug display alarm in on

The problems start to upload the first image

In Admin mode from the Upload Images menù I select to download 1 file jpg and this is the following display lines debug:

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /mypath/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 250
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /mypath/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 256
Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /mypath/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 256

The file was upload fine ( check  in directory via ftp under gallery/albums/userpics/10001/file.jpg )

When i try to direct the file in his albums the following errors arrive :

Notice: Undefined index: user1 in /mypath/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 2146
Notice: Undefined index: user2 in /mypathpublic_html/gallery/upload.php on line 2147
Notice: Undefined index: user3 in /mypath/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 2148
Notice: Undefined index: user4 in /mypath/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 2149
Notice: Undefined index: OS in /mypath/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 157

Who can help me? where i'm wrong ?

Thanks
Cisla

mstralka

Are the photos uploading correctly?  If they are, just turn off debug mode and disregard the warnings.
GO IRISH

cisla

Hi mstralka

I check via ftp and the images are upload in location gallery->albums->userpics->10001-> some file
correctly

The problem is that in the upload process, after download a mask whit  the choice of albums destination is showed.
And this don't works .

Joachim Müller

post a link and test user account (non-admin) with upload privileges.

Joachim

cisla

Hi GauGau

Here link and account ( type registered )
www.bicimania.it/gallery/
user: test
pwd: test

ciao
Cisla

cisla

After two full days trying to understand wher's wrong
I decide to reinstall  all.

I will report next

Cisla

simpan

Have the same exact problems on my Linux server with the same type of error messages! Sadly I have not found a solution to upload images to the MySql database. Does not seem to be the classic error with a documented standard solution to it.

/Simpan

Joachim Müller

then you surely have read the replies as well - you will have to post a link and test user account if you want us to help.

Joachim

cisla

The problem can be in the path of  ImageMagick ?
Explain :

When i install for the firs time Coppermine , I don't know the exactly path of Imagemagick , so i leave it blank.
The installation proceed correct. I configure , albums, category etc,. etc ,
On my unix hosted server, there is only imagemagik and not GD , sò i asked the path to my provider.
The path is /usr/bin/ .

I delete all my configuration, diretctory and database and start a new one again.
When i insert the imagemagick path /usr/bin/ this error appear :

"The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory."

So i check whith my provider that confirm me the right path.

Coppermine don't have an autodetect of Graphics libraries types and path.
On other galleries for mambo that i've installed, like zoom image, imagemagick is autoaknoledge.

Other note: after upload the file, his tumbnail was not generated , so it confirm thath is an imagemagick path problem.

kegobeer

Are you sure it isn't /usr/bin/convert/?  It seems odd that all the ImageMagick binaries would be thrown into one directory.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

cisla

Just tryed

this is the warning :
"The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/convert/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory."

I don't know wath do ? probably change gallery program ( but i love it !!! )

kegobeer

Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

cisla

Same warning , also for

/usr/local/bin/
/usr/local/bin/convert/

mstralka

During the install, try using GD (even though it's not there) or leave it blank, then once the site is installed, go to the config page and enter /usr/bin/whatever in the box and switch to ImageMagick.  This is what I had to do, although my server had GD2 and IM.

Mark
GO IRISH

cisla

Hi Mark

This is exactly what i do on the first installation , because at that time i don't know the path for imagemagick, so i lived blank , and after switch from GD ti imagemagick.
And for this reason i loose lot of time to understand where is the problem.

After with a new installation , trying to start directly with imagemagick, i understand the path problem.
Is possible in any way hack gpg with autoaknoledge library and path ?

I'm looking in the code of Zoom image gallery ( http://zoom.ummagumma.nl/mikedeboer/ )  and RS Gallery ( http://www.rsdev.nl/ ) both for mambo ( http://www.mamboserver.com ) that have autoaknoledge during install.

But unfortunally i'm not a coder, so is improbably to understand something !!!

Cisla

mstralka

Cisla,

I don't know what else to suggest.  CPG works fine for thousands of people, so there must be somethiing strange about the way your server is configured that prevents it from working properly.  I'm sorry, but I don't know what else I can do to help you.

BTW, I just checked your server and it looks like you have other problems:

Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/bicimani/public_html/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

Try this:
PM me with your server URL, cPanel URL username, password,
FTP username password
phpMyAdmin URL, username password
Basically I need full access to your server
and I will try to install CPG for you from scratch

No guarantees, and I'm only going to try this once.
GO IRISH

cisla

Hi Mark
thanks a lot for your availability,
I appreciate the engagement, but I do not have the permission in order to communicate such give to you

I will push to my provider for find a solution.
Also because i have installa Cpg in local mode and works fine...very fine :-)

cisla

Problem solved.

Was my provider that with a magic touch , bring ImageMagick path to works.
Thanks to everibody for helping :-)

ciao
cisla