Upload error and all images gone! Upload error and all images gone!

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Upload error and all images gone!

Started by Skipper, September 14, 2004, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skipper

Hi all....urgent help required!!

I have just been told that there is an error upload when you click "upload file" on my gallery. http://www.emergencyvehicles.org.uk/gallery. And I get this error:

QuoteWarning: opendir(./albums/edit): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/emergen/public_html/gallery/upload.php on line 409

But that's not the worst part....while trying to fix the problem, I though i'd try by restoring the factory settings in the config bit, but didn't think it'd restore EVERYTHiNG!!

Now all the pictures are gone, although the thumbnail is there with a red cross in it.

Would I be best off just starting over?!

Thanks in advance!

Nibbler

You need to create a directory named 'edit' inside your albums directory on the server and give it write permissions. Your files are not really gone, you will need to change the default prefixes for resized and thumbnail pics in config back to what they were before the restore.

Skipper

Quote from: Nibbler on September 14, 2004, 07:02:23 PM
Your files are not really gone, you will need to change the default prefixes for resized and thumbnail pics in config back to what they were before the restore.

Sorry, would you be albe to explain further please.

Otherwise thanks so far!

Nick

Skipper

Quote from: Nibbler on September 14, 2004, 07:02:23 PM
Your files are not really gone, you will need to change the default prefixes for resized and thumbnail pics in config back to what they were before the restore.

Sorry, would you be albe to explain further please.

Otherwise thanks so far!

Nick

Skipper

Don't worry!!!!!

I've done it!!

Thank you SO MUCH! I can't tell you how greatful I am! Top class service!!!