The previous file could not be placed The previous file could not be placed

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

The previous file could not be placed

Started by astring, January 20, 2005, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astring

I have installed imagemagic (non root with my server admin approval as per the instructions on http://www.photopost.com/magicknoroot-php.html).  ImageMagick configured and installed ok.  Using Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2 i ama able to upload files, but no thumbnails are generated.  i get this error message when attpmpting to place the picture in an album:

The previous file could not be placed.

You have successfully placed all the files.

I have tried every posible Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility.  Everything is there, the path is correct but always get the same error message.

The previous file could not be placed.

You have successfully placed all the files.

PHP is running in safe mode.

Joachim Müller

when php is running in safe mode, the exec command is disabled, so you simply can't use ImageMagick. Use GD instead, it comes bundled with PHP. If you don't have it, ask your webhost.
To get more detailed error messages, enable debug_mode in coppermine config and set the method for uploads in the groups panel to "Single file uploads only", however this won't help you in your particular case: it's a drawback of safe mode that you can't use ImageMagick with it - I wonder why your webhost gives you permission to install ImageMagick, while on the other hand he denies you GD or safe mode turned off; this is quite unusual.

Joachim