Batch adding Batch adding

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Batch adding

Started by smooth31, January 27, 2005, 05:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smooth31

Alright so this morning I was gettin an error message and came here to search on the boards. Turned out everyone had the same problem I did at some point in time. The edit folder was screwed up and the concensus here was to delete the edit directory and create a new one because it was merely a temp directory. well that edit folder is weird as hell and doesnt let you do ANYTHING to it. i couldnt delete it so i just renamed it to edit_old and created a new one entilted edit and set it to 777. So now I can upload but when I go into batch add I'm getting an error message with that edit_old folder

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for albums/edit_old/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/httpd/vhosts/lostillusionsxxx.com/subdomains/whnz/httpdocs/searchnew.php on line 219

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for albums/edit_old/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/httpd/vhosts/lostillusionsxxx.com/subdomains/whnz/httpdocs/searchnew.php on line 219

I'm very familiar with php and theres absolutely nothing wrong with the search new. I cant even delete that edit folder from the server. Whats going on?

momgoddess

I'm sorry I can't help you, but I was wondering if you ever got it figured out? I am having the same problem and searched the topic and everything said to change the edit directory inside the album directory, but I must be an idiot because I can't even FIND the album directory or "edit" directory.  :-\\ Where the heck IS it?

I'd appreciate it if you or someone could please give me a specific path to get to it because I am just not seeing it.

smooth31

I can never get support for this software on this board. I don't even know why I tried. The edit album is in your albums directory

And no, I haven't been able to figure it out. Guess we know why this software is free, now  ::)

Nibbler

It's a well documented issue. Search the board.

Joachim Müller

Quote from: smooth31 on January 28, 2005, 01:18:29 PM
I can never get support for this software on this board. I don't even know why I tried. The edit album is in your albums directory
You're meant to read the docs and faq, then search the board and then (only then) post your question (if you have searched really thoroughly). You have to understand that the supporters/developers do this in their spare time, we're fed up with people asking the same questions (that we have already answered a thousand times) over and over again. You would be as well if you provided a product for free and all you got were users nagging over well-documented issues they caused themselves in the first place. I suggest reviewing your attitude.

Quote from: smooth31 on January 28, 2005, 01:18:29 PMAnd no, I haven't been able to figure it out. Guess we know why this software is free, now  ::)
You're welcome to use another application if you're not happy with this one.I even recommend you doing so, let's see how happy you get with the commercial apps that can do the same coppermine can (in fact there are only 2 other "competing" applications that are a match to coppermine, both of which are free open source projects as well).

Joachim

smooth31

Quote from: GauGau on January 30, 2005, 08:32:59 AM
Quote from: smooth31 on January 28, 2005, 01:18:29 PM
You're meant to read the docs and faq, then search the board and then (only then) post your question (if you have searched really thoroughly). You have to understand that the supporters/developers do this in their spare time, we're fed up with people asking the same questions (that we have already answered a thousand times) over and over again. You would be as well if you provided a product for free and all you got were users nagging over well-documented issues they caused themselves in the first place. I suggest reviewing your attitude.

Quote from: smooth31 on January 28, 2005, 01:18:29 PMAnd no, I haven't been able to figure it out. Guess we know why this software is free, now  ::)
You're welcome to use another application if you're not happy with this one.I even recommend you doing so, let's see how happy you get with the commercial apps that can do the same coppermine can (in fact there are only 2 other "competing" applications that are a match to coppermine, both of which are free open source projects as well).

Joachim

For your info I did search this board first and the FAQ and not once in there did it explain the question I posted. My question wasn't the same that everyone else posts on here about the edit album. I couldn't upload so I came on here and read up on it. I noticed everyone had the same problem and the solution was to delete the edit album and create another one because it was merely a temporary folder. Well guess what? I couldn't do that. So I renamed the file and then the original error message went away. However after renaming the file to edit_old and creating a new edit directory it still wouldn't work and I was getting more error messages.

For some weird reason you designed a software that wouldn't allow you to delete, modify, CHMOD, or pretty much do anything to that edit folder. I figured out my own problem and stopped wasting my time here. I just moved the edit_old out of the albums directory. Go find me a post on this board that says to do that. There isn't

So before you jump off the handle and act like a badass maybe you should learn how to read a little more proper and not just assume everyone is asking the same question.

Guess what? When i searched my original problem you guys answered the question ONE time. Every other thread was a bitch session like this saying we have already answered that. There was a second thread that explained breifly what to do so I'll even give you answering that same question twice. You have not answered it a thousand times. Big difference between two and a couple thousand.

If you don't want people on these boards asking for support then don't design software for them to use. It's very simple, if no one uses your software then you wasted a lot of time designing it

Joachim Müller

the edit folder behaving strangely is related to server settings, not coppermine working in an unexpected way. Moving the edit folder away is just the same thing as renaming it, there simply can't be a difference.
If your search has only come up with a small number of hits, you simply haven't used the proper words for your search (because most users tend to put their questions in other words).
Never review your attitude; it can't be you who is wrong - it must be the others (me in this case). It's impossible that you just didn't search properly and modified your server wrongly, it must be the buggy software. Yes, shame on us for releasing it. What can I do to repay you? Will $100 be ok for you as compensation? Nah, just kidding.
Anyway, we had enough fun with you and your trolling; everybody got the idea that you don't like the software nor the team behind it. Just leave. Bye.

Joachim