Batch Add & Upload problems Batch Add & Upload problems

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Batch Add & Upload problems

Started by MarT, February 28, 2005, 02:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarT

Hello,

I'm an artist and attempting to be a new user of Coppermine. Coppermine has come to my attention from other artist's excellent sites using this gallery.

Unfortunately, I've come stuck with few problems.

Install went ok and all things set up fine.

Http://dev.martinsanders.com/coppermine

Batch Add shows all correct files and file names but no thumbnails (only broken image/red x symbols). Clicking the missing image loads the picture in another window fine.
Clicking continue, no symbols are displayed (so I don't know if it says 'OK' 'PB' etc).
The outcome is no files are added.

The same occurs for single uploads.

I changed the Upload form configuration of administrators from 'File-URI' to 'Single file uploads only'
and the error was:

QuoteScript called without the required parameter(s).

File: /var/www/SAN02/martinsanders.com/dev/coppermine/db_input.php - Line: 41

I've been into the config.inc.php and inserted
Quotethe define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);

I also went into the db_input.php file and changed all the
Quote$HTTP_POST_VARS
with the replacement
Quote$_POST

Having checked everything I can within my knowledge, it still doesn't work.

I have also CHMOD'd the correct folders to both 755 and 777 to check and neither changes the outcome.

I checked the PHP info and the following is being used by my webhost.

PHP version 4.3.1
Apache 2.0 Filter
file_uploads is ON
safe_mode is OFF
upload_max_filesize is 8MB

GD version 2.0 or higher

Everything seems to be fine according to recommendations and requirements posted in the forums.

You can try for yourself using the following guest account
User: guest
Pass: guest

For interest here is the DEBUG info:

QuoteUSER:
------------------
Array
(
   [ID] => 02ace83521c5e27de3651ea8387467e0
   [am] => 1
)

==========================
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
   [user_id] => 1
   [user_group] => 1
   [user_active] => YES
   [user_name] => **********************
   [user_password] => *******************
   [user_lastvisit] => 2005-02-28 00:48:30
   [user_regdate] => 2005-02-27 22:14:07
   [user_group_list] =>
   [user_email] =>
   [user_website] =>
   [user_location] =>
   [user_interests] =>
   [user_occupation] =>
   [user_actkey] =>
   [user_favpics] =>
   [disk_max] => 1024
   [disk_min] => 1024
   [can_rate_pictures] => 1
   [can_send_ecards] => 1
   [ufc_max] => 0
   [ufc_min] => 0
   [custom_user_upload] => 0
   [num_file_upload] => 5
   [num_URI_upload] => 3
   [can_post_comments] => 1
   [can_upload_pictures] => 1
   [can_create_albums] => 1
   [has_admin_access] => 1
   [pub_upl_need_approval] => 0
   [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0
   [group_name] => Administrators
   [upload_form_config] => 0
   [group_quota] => 1024
   [can_see_all_albums] => 1
   [group_id] => 1
   [groups] => Array
       (
           [1] => 1
       )

)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(

• => SELECT extension, mime, content FROM cpg132_filetypes;
       [1] => SELECT * FROM cpg132_users WHERE user_id='1'AND user_active = 'YES' AND user_password != '' AND BINARY MD5(user_password) = '5c4027a887580e1b07d9eb52eeaffb96'
       [2] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg132_usergroups WHERE group_id in (1)
       [3] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg132_usergroups WHERE group_id= 1
       [4] => DELETE FROM cpg132_banned WHERE expiry < 1109554477
       [5] => SELECT * FROM cpg132_banned WHERE ip_addr='81.154.123.153' OR ip_addr='81.154.123.153' OR user_id=1
    )

GET :
    ------------------
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    )

VERSION INFO :
    ------------------
    PHP version: 4.3.1 - OK
    ------------------
    mySQL version: 3.23.41
    ------------------
    Coppermine version: 1.3.2
    Module: gd
    ------------------
    GD Support enabled
    GD Version 2.0 or higher
    FreeType Support enabled
    FreeType Linkage with freetype
    JPG Support enabled
    PNG Support enabled
    WBMP Support enabled
    Module: mysql
    ------------------
    Active Persistent Links 0
    Active Links 1
    Client API version 3.23.41
    MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE external
    MYSQL_SOCKET /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
    MYSQL_INCLUDE -I/usr/include/mysql
    MYSQL_LIBS -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient  
    Module: zlib
    ------------------
    ZLib Support enabled
    Compiled Version 1.1.3
    Linked Version 1.1.3
    Server restrictions (safe mode)?
    ------------------
    Directive | Local Value | Master Value
    safe_mode | Off | Off
    safe_mode_exec_dir | no value | no value
    safe_mode_gid | Off | Off
    safe_mode_include_dir | no value | no value
    safe_mode_exec_dir | no value | no value
    sql.safe_mode | Off | Off
    disable_functions | shell_exec,system,exec,dl,passthru,popen,proc_open | shell_exec,system,exec,dl,passthru,popen,proc_open
    file_uploads | On | On
    include_path | .:/var/www/SAN02/martinsanders.com/incs:/usr/local/php/share/pear | .:/usr/local/php/share/pear
    open_basedir | no value | no value
    email
    ------------------
    sendmail_from | ****@****.com | me@localhost.com
    sendmail_path | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i  | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    SMTP | localhost | localhost
    smtp_port | 25 | 25
    Size and Time
    ------------------
    max_execution_time | 30 | 30
    max_input_time | 60 | 60
    upload_max_filesize | 8M | 8M
    post_max_size | 8M | 8M
    Page generated in 0.282 seconds - 6 queries in 0.007 seconds - Album set :
I've tried to give all the relevant information - and have tried to search for a solution before posting.
I'm not familiar or educated in PHP and such. So as a genuine end user, I would greatly appreciate anyone's help to get me up and running with Coppermine.

- Further addition:
When I go to Batch Add, I get the file listing (with no thumbnails) and the following errors:

QuoteNotice: Undefined variable: fullimagesize in /var/www/SAN02/martinsanders.com/dev/coppermine/searchnew.php on line 136

Notice: Undefined variable: fullimagesize in /var/www/SAN02/martinsanders.com/dev/coppermine/searchnew.php on line 137

If anyone wishing to help needs any further information, please just ask.

Joachim Müller

disable "notices_display" in coppermine config and set file upload method to "Single file uploads" for all groups in groups manager. Post if you have done this, so we can re-try, using the test user you provided.

Joachim

MarT

OK, I've made the changes you suggested.

Joachim Müller

There's something fishy with your server setup, probably the server vars are set up incorrect. I guess you're self-hosted. Make sure your server setup (php.ini) allows  uploads. Use phpinfo from the admin tools page to see what server vars you have (section at the bottom) and paste the relevant info into your next posting.

Joachim

MarT

I'm webhosted but I suspect you might be right about the upload permissions. I shall check with my host and get back to you. I know that some hosts are somewhat hesitant about allowing certain scripts - with concern about the security of the server and other users. Thanks for the guidance so far.

Joachim Müller

You're welcome - please report back how this went along, what your webhost replied.

Joachim

MarT

Ok,  I got in touch with my webhost who has reassured me that everything regarding uploads should work fine. The server configuration is quite typical.

They even set up a short test script to check, with which I can easily upload files. The file restrictions on the uploads folder is also stricter (0770) than Coppermine suggestions of 755/777. So I tend to think that the server upload isn't a problem.

It was pointed out to me that although I can use the built in GD functions of PHP, ImageMagik functions cannot be used. This is because IM is a separate suite of programs that need to be run as programs external to the webserver and that's not so secure except as cgi-bin programs. But I understand that Coppermine should be ok with just GD anyway.

So in this respect it was useful to find out where the problem isn't.
Could it be anything to do with writing to the database or something?

Is there anymore information which would be useful?

I appreciate everyone's time with this.

donnoman

the file upload is working:

I can request my file by direct url:

http://dev.martinsanders.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/Owned2.jpg

something is strange about db_input.php.

When I renamed my user album, the db_input page came back with no css information, and no header information.

My sugestion at this point would be to force upload all of coppermines files again.

It could also still be related to gd/im, because I don't think that's where that file should have ended up, it should have ended up in:

http://dev.martinsanders.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/100005/Owned2.jpg
along with it's buddies:
http://dev.martinsanders.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/100005/normal_Owned2.jpg
http://dev.martinsanders.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/100005/thumb_Owned2.jpg

None of the resized photo's are anywhere to be found. The inference I make is that either gd couldn't make the photos. or coppermine died trying to make the directory and never got to telling gd to make the images.

I'd still suspect filesystem rights at this point. 

This is the entire html contents returned:

<!-- Start standard table -->
<table align="center" width="600" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">
        <tr>
                <td class="tableh1" colspan="1"><h2>Information</h2></td>
        </tr>

<tr>
                <td class="tableb" height="150" align="center">
                        <font size="3"><b>Album updated</b></font>
                </td>
        </tr>
<!-- BEGIN button -->
                <tr>
                        <td align="center" class="tablef">
                                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                                        <tr>
                                                <td class="admin_menu">
                                                        <a href="modifyalb.php?album=4">CONTINUE</a>
                                                </td>
                                        </tr>
                                </table>
                        </td>
                </tr>
<!-- END button -->
</table>
<!-- End standard table -->
<form name="debug">
<!-- Start standard table -->
<table align="center" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">
        <tr>
                <td class="tableh1" colspan="2"><h2>Debug Info</h2></td>
        </tr>
<tr><td align="center" valign="middle" class="tableh2"><script language="Javascript">
<!--

function HighlightAll(theField) {
var tempval=eval("document."+theField)
tempval.focus()
tempval.select()
}
//-->
</script>
        <div class="admin_menu"><a href="javascript:HighlightAll('debug.debugtext')" class="adm_menu">Select All</a></div></td><td align="left" valign="middle" class="tableh2"></td></tr><tr><td class="tableb" colspan="2"><textarea  rows="10" class="debug_text" name="debugtext">USER: ------------------ Array
(
    [ID] => a04d01e45c7f9b08e0b9d3e570e5b044
    [am] => 1
)
========================== USER DATA: ------------------ Array
(
    [user_id] => 5
    [user_group] => 2
    [user_active] => YES
    [user_name] => guest
    [user_password] => ********
    [user_lastvisit] => 2005-03-03 04:19:14
    [user_regdate] => 2005-02-28 00:49:52
    [user_group_list] =>
    [user_email] =>
    [user_website] =>
    [user_location] =>
    [user_interests] =>
    [user_occupation] =>
    [user_actkey] =>
    [user_favpics] =>
    [disk_max] => 1024
    [disk_min] => 1024
    [can_rate_pictures] => 1
    [can_send_ecards] => 1
    [ufc_max] => 0
    [ufc_min] => 0
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 5
    [num_URI_upload] => 3
    [can_post_comments] => 1
    [can_upload_pictures] => 1
    [can_create_albums] => 1
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [group_name] => Registered
    [upload_form_config] => 0
    [group_quota] => 1024
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 2
    [groups] => Array
        (
            [1] => 2
        )

)
========================== Queries: ------------------ Array
(
    [0] => SELECT extension, mime, content FROM cpg132_filetypes;
    [1] => SELECT * FROM cpg132_users WHERE user_id='5'AND user_active = 'YES' AND user_password != '' AND BINARY MD5(user_password) = '084e0343a0486ff05530df6c705c8bb4'
    [2] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg132_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2)
    [3] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg132_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2
    [4] => DELETE FROM cpg132_banned WHERE expiry < 1109824079
    [5] => SELECT * FROM cpg132_banned WHERE ip_addr='4.3.129.24' OR ip_addr='4.3.129.24' OR user_id=5
    [6] => SELECT aid FROM cpg132_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10005' AND visibility NOT IN (2)
    [7] => UPDATE cpg132_albums SET title='Another Album Name', description='', thumb='0',  comments='YES', votes='YES', visibility='0' WHERE aid='4' AND category='10005' LIMIT 1
    [8] => UPDATE cpg132_albums SET title='Another Album Name', description='', thumb='0',  comments='YES', votes='YES', visibility='0' WHERE aid='4' AND category='10005' LIMIT 1
)
========================== GET : ------------------ Array
(
)
========================== POST : ------------------ Array
(
    [event] => album_update
    [aid] => 4
    [title] => Another Album Name
    [category] => 10005
    [description] =>
    [thumb] => 0
    [visibility] => 0
    [uploads] => NO
    [comments] => YES
    [votes] => YES
)
========================== Page generated in 0.249 seconds - 8 queries in 0.009 seconds - Album set : </textarea></td></tr></table>
<!-- End standard table -->
</form><div class="footer" align="center" style="padding-top: 10px;">Powered by <a href="http://coppermine.sf.net/" target="_blank">Coppermine Photo Gallery</a></div>
                                </td>
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </td>
        </tr>
</table>
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2--></body>
</html>

donnoman

Is the host windows or linux based?

MarT

Thanks for the explainations.

I assume by 'force upload' you mean replacing the coppermine directories via FTP (rather than running install again) is this correct?
Regarding the host server, I believe it's linux based.

MarT

Hello again, could you advise me on how to 'force-upload' or proceed further. I'm not entirely sure what to do next.
Thanks M

donnoman

Just FTP them again.

However some FTP clients try to intelligently transmit the files, by not transmitting ones that it thinks are up to date. This is where forcing it comes into play.

Configure your client to transmit EVERY file, whether your ftp client thinks it needs to or not.

MarT

Hello again,
Ok I've forced uploaded the coppermine files and directories through FTP. I've tried to get images in an album and still no success.
Again, please see for yourself with the guest account given above. I may be running out of options of what to do next.

Just to recap; I'm still getting the broken thumbnail image (the red 'x' thumbnail) for both the batch add preview and the result symbol.

It would be great to hear if anybody has any further suggestions or remedies.
Thanks

Tranz

I was unable to upload a single file. The page just blinked a little bit and did not confirm the upload succeeded. The album does not show the upload.

When you get the red X during batch add, could you please right-click on it, click properties. Copy the URL of the image. Can you go to the URL directly when you enter it in the browser address bar? If not, please post the URL so we can see what's up with it.

MarT

When I look at properties of the 'missing' thumnail  I get this URL

Quotehttp://dev.martinsanders.com/coppermine/showthumb.php?picfile=finished%2F3.jpg&size=48

Before force uploading the coppermine files, I believe that uploads were working (from a script point of view).

MarT

Thanks for your attention so far -
I've still not been able to fathom out how to proceed further. Are there any further suggestions of how I should continue?

MarT

Here is a quick update which might be useful to people.

I have temporarily tried another photo gallery. This gallery had the same problem with creating thumbnails (using both GD 1 and 2). The instructions then recommended manually creating thumbnails and placing in a 'thumbnail' folder. (of course a long laboured method - but for troubleshooting purposes it was worthwhile).

The database was then updated - and it works.

So this leads me to the conclusion that the problems relate to the way coppermine uses GD to automatically creates thumbnails,  places them in a thumbnail folder, then updates the database.

Hope you find this information useful.

I would still like to use the coppermine gallery, so if there are any solutions to these issues, I would be very grateful.

MarT

Thank you to everyone's attention and advice here.
Unfortunately a solution wasn't able to be found.

Although I'm unable to use Coppermine this time, I'd certainly like to think I will in the near future (perhaps the next version).

Thanks again
M

Joachim Müller

send me a PM with admin user account, link to your site and to this thread (for reference). I'm pretty sure I can find out what is wrong.

Joachim

bgekiefer

I do have the same problem that is about to make me *cry* now.

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for albums/twentyfour/s3/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/bgech/public_html/coppermine/cpg132/searchnew.php on line 219

it goes on like that for like 99 lines...
The thing is, I tried all those things you guyz wrote (yeah, I searched and all) first, changed the 'edit' to 777, changed it also to 777 in the configuration page, tried to do this to some albums (there are too many, for the batch-add i mean). I even run the 'update' on the admin page of coppermine (i moved the gallery recently). Actually things went even worse (more messages) after that.  :-\\

Then I was creeped out to remember the e-mail i received from my host. She changed the nameserver from .net to .info, anyway, she told me that she handled my website on her own, so I didn't have to worry about it. Now I'm thinking, maybe I should?
Do you think that is the problem, if so, WHERE should I go change that, and update the new servername?