Batch Upload in XP---Totally Solved~~ Batch Upload in XP---Totally Solved~~

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch Upload in XP---Totally Solved~~

Started by skchen, June 25, 2005, 08:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skchen

[size=12pt]""After trying in two more XP machines, There were no problem at all in Batch Uploading
in the localhost computers.

I did NOT know what was wrong before when I batch uploaded in one of my office's XP,
It just wouldn't work.

Anyway, I am positively sure that it is OK in batch uploading in an XP system.

Sometimes you just have to try more times then the answers will come out.

I will thank all you for the kind help.  CPG is NICE gallery, I will stick to it~~~""[/size]

My problem was: (in Server 2003)

1) After I selected batch upload, it appeared "file Not writable"

Select directory
1117      Not writable.  
1118      Not writable.  
1118      Not writable.  

2) Then I selected a file, It appeared

Put files of    "            "

Warning: the script can't write in this directory, you need to change its mode to 755 or 777 before trying to add the files !

The stranger thing was: At the beginning I was able to batch upload the pics.  Then it began to take a very long time to upload the pics.  Finally, after uploading a few folder pics, it was NOT allowed to upload any pics at all~~~!!!!!

~~Definitely A MAn With Fun And Intelligence~~

skchen

Quote from: TranzNDance on June 25, 2005, 09:03:56 PM
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/tutorial/permissions/iis.php

First of all, thanks for your kind help.

It was so strange that I just found out the folder "album" was "read only".

But I tried many times that I just couldn't made the folder "readable"  !!!!!

I had created "everyone" and gave all the privilliges but it wouldn't work !!!

MY present system is XP professional.  Will it be different if I change to server 2003?

Anyway, thanks again for your time and kind help~~~~ ;D

kegobeer

In your first post you said the problem was in Server 2003, now you say you are using XP.  Which is it?

You should read up on how to administer a web server.  This is directly related to how you have your system configured.  Until you have your system running correctly, you will continue to have problems running Coppermine.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

skchen

Quote from: kegobeer on June 25, 2005, 10:32:30 PM
In your first post you said the problem was in Server 2003, now you say you are using XP.  Which is it?

You should read up on how to administer a web server.  This is directly related to how you have your system configured.  Until you have your system running correctly, you will continue to have problems running Coppermine.

I had 5 servers in my office.  3 are server 2003, 2 are XP professional.

The one with XP is a brand new machine and I wanted to set up just for php applications.
But it was just not workable in batch upload ( but at the beginning I was able to upload a few folders)

I have been sitting around more than two hours to solve the XP problem.

Then I stareted a new gallery in my server 2003, it was like before "batch upload just like a piece cake".
Within seconds, I can upload hundreds pics with batch function.

So, the problem seems apparent that XP can NOT batch upload from the server directly~~??

Well, I will just use the server 2003 for setting up the gallery.
Maybe someone can figure out if XP is workable too in batch upload.

It is now the early morning time, I ammmmmm  sleeppppppppppp~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a nice weekend guys~~~~~~~~~~~

Tranz

I have apache on WinXP and have no issue with batch adding.

skchen

Quote from: TranzNDance on June 26, 2005, 12:33:01 AM
I have apache on WinXP and have no issue with batch adding.

What did you mean "no issue with batch adding"?

Did you mean in your management control window there was no botton for "batch uplosd"?

kegobeer

No, she means she can do batch uploads on her XP/Apache machine without any problems.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

luma

you need to learn how to do permisions,
start reading...

in order to batchadd the folder in question (that has the pics in it) HAS TO BE writable by everyone or at least writable by the web server. writable by everyone would be permisions 777

so however you create this folder set permisions to writable (full control) by everyone
if its in windows rigth click the folder, go to security and set full control to everyone,
if you use FTP then use your FTP software Attributes/chmod option to set to 777

if you don't know anything abotu permisions/werbservers I suggest starting to read the manuals or you will be in a SERIOUS security bind

Luma

skchen

Quote from: luma on June 27, 2005, 05:41:11 PM
you need to learn how to do permisions,
start reading...

in order to batchadd the folder in question (that has the pics in it) HAS TO BE writable by everyone or at least writable by the web server. writable by everyone would be permisions 777

so however you create this folder set permisions to writable (full control) by everyone
if its in windows rigth click the folder, go to security and set full control to everyone,
if you use FTP then use your FTP software Attributes/chmod option to set to 777

if you don't know anything abotu permisions/werbservers I suggest starting to read the manuals or you will be in a SERIOUS security bind

Luma

I guess I know all you talk about and I did try 777 and it wouldn't work at that time,
I just simply changed to server 2003.

But then I tried in other machines in XP, it turned to be very fine in batch uplosding.

So~~

After trying in two more XP machines, There were no problem at all in Batch Uploading
in the localhost computers.

I did NOT know what was wrong before when I batch uploaded in one of my office's XP,
It just wouldn't work.

Anyway, I am positively sure that it is OK in batch uploading in an XP system.

Thanks for all your kind help.~~~~~~

Joachim Müller

there's no such thing as CHMOD 777 or similar on Windows boxes, both of you appear not to be knowing exactly what you're talking about. As suggested above: read the tutorial mentioned above!