uploading directly into a particular album uploading directly into a particular album

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

uploading directly into a particular album

Started by u-n-i, September 27, 2005, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u-n-i

Hi there

Thanks for this nice gallery

i wish to ask a little question

when we batch upload files,
and then after uploading, it asks for album for each file while placing them

can we have any option to select on the page where we select files to upload/put URLs to upload
wud be a bit easy when adding lots of files into one album and have to select album for each file one by one.

any help please

Thanks

Joachim Müller

If this is suppossed to be a feature request, then you're on the wrong sub-board. I guess you're not talking about batch-add, but regular multiple http upload in coppermine. This feature has been requested in the past already...

artistsinhawaii

Quote from: u-n-i on September 27, 2005, 05:51:30 PM

when we batch upload files,
and then after uploading, it asks for album for each file while placing them

can we have any option to select on the page where we select files to upload/put URLs to upload
wud be a bit easy when adding lots of files into one album and have to select album for each file one by one.

I'm confused, too.

Uni, when you say "batch upload"  do you mean FTP upload to your Albums folder or a subfolder within it? (and I would suggest creating subfolders in Albums to group the files you upload into nice little batches that reflect your Coppermine Category and Albums setup)

Because, if you create such a folder in your Albums folder and FTP a group of files that you want to go into the same album, you simply run BATCH ADD, assign the group of files to the album you want it to go in, scroll to the bottom and click on "Select All", then click on "Insert Selected Files" and they all go into that album.

Is this what you were talking about?

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

u-n-i

Thanks for replies
Sorry if i posted on wrong board  :o

QuoteIf this is suppossed to be a feature request, then you're on the wrong sub-board. I guess you're not talking about batch-add, but regular multiple http upload in coppermine. This feature has been requested in the past already...

Yes i am talking about the htttp upload and not FTP upload

So is this feature avaialable yet ?
Thanks

Joachim Müller

Not as a feature in coppermine's core code, but I think someone has posted a hack to accomplish what you're up to - please search the board.