help with directory help with directory

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

help with directory

Started by hatracked, October 01, 2005, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatracked

getting this error message

Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !

help

Stramm

hatracked

Silly_Safe_Mode ???

Where do I set this mode?

Stramm

hatracked

I added the line and got a new error

Upload Failure - './albums/edit/'

include file reads as follows

<?php
                  $CONFIG['dbserver'    ] = 'localhost' ;
    $CONFIG['dbuser'      ] = 'jcoit1_copp1' ;
    $CONFIG['dbpass'      ] = '' ;
    $CONFIG['dbname'      ] = 'jcoit1_copp1'   ;
    $CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] = 'cpg_'        ;
    define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);

?>

Joachim Müller

post the full error message with debug_mode enabled (not the debug output) and do as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/uploads/troubleshooting.php

hatracked

edit

Nibbler

Please follow the instructions you are given, hard to help you otherwise.

hatracked

edit

Joachim Müller

Are you trying to play games? I told you NOT to post the debug_ouput. You are instead meant to post the actual error message. Posting the debug_output even twice is not a very bright idea. If you need support, do as suggested or you'll be ignored.

hatracked

Hey dude Im trying to get your system to work in my server and I am obviously NOT an expert. If I misunderstood your instructions excuse me but it is certainly no reason to be rude or insinuate I am anything other than trying to get help.

BTW I followed these instructions at this link you sent.http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/uploads/troubleshooting.php
The error message you request has been posted here for days !But here it is again since you cant read my posts any better than I can read yours apparently!

Then followed the prompt on the de buyg mode that says......(If you're going to request help on the coppermine support board, copy-and-paste this debug output into your posting. Make sure to replace any passwords from the query with *** before posting.)

A might bit confusing

Whats really puzzling is why the system is screwed up in the first place. Having not changed a thing and it having worked after initial install, for it to go haywire and lock out the admins ability to upload while the rest of the community has active albums is not only embarrassing but saps confidence. Your snappy replies , not only add to the embarrassment but further lead me to believe I might be dealing with the worng folks.

Might look at your tone and thrououghness of help. Some of us have not been glued to a keyboard all our lives and are attempting to catch up. Going to belittleing comments so quicky makes me greatly suspect not only of your services here but the amount of effort I should put in return to let other folks know about your programs.

hatracked

Is this what your looking for?

Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !

File: /home/jcoit1/public_html/trophygallery/db_input.php - Line: 242

kegobeer

Did you read the manual and set the permissions correctly?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Stramm

I was going to ask exactly this too... I've given you links you just need to click and read. Here a quote

1. With a FTP program, change the mode of Coppermine's "include" directory on your server to 0777.
2. Do the same for the "albums" and "userpics" directories.

Have you done this...

hatracked

Could you point me to "the manual", I'll gladly ready the entire thing ,

You guys need to understand saying change the mode makes no sense to me . I need specific directions not one that assumes I know where what and when to edit code in your program ect. I was led to belive this was a one clic installation of a solid system that wasn't going to require programming knowledge or an advanced amount of tech skill. So far it has been nothing short of frustrating.

hatracked

Nibbler

There is a link to the manual at the top of the screen. If you are having issues after using some one click autoinstaller like fantastico then that is nothing to do with us, take it up with your host. To avoid getting irritated responses from supporters it would be useful for you to read through this.

Stramm

bumping your thread just cause you don't get a reply within 20 mins isn't polite as well. Instead you should have read what supporters have written.
From my 2nd post here

Quoteread the documentation
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg13x/docs/index.htm#safe

and now you have nothing better to do than bump a question like
QuoteCould you point me to "the manual"
???

Open your eyes. You've downloaded Coppermine and you've installed it. Never seen the folder ''docs'?? And next to the downloads link FAQ and Documentation??
You want to get help but you don't read our answers

Now please read, do everything as suggested and come back telling us all's smooth

hatracked

enough of the whos rude and whos a loser crap I just want a fix. I am applying the fixes suggested and getting no result.

Host says to pass this on to y'all

PHP SuExec running, not safe mode.