Batch add, only low res. files can be uploaded Batch add, only low res. files can be uploaded

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch add, only low res. files can be uploaded

Started by morten123, October 11, 2005, 07:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morten123

Hi

When i try to batch add a large number of wallpapers I only get the files with low serolution uploaded into coppermine. Is there a limit for resolution on jpg files? or can coppermine not handle 400 files in one batch add.

Stramm

what version are you using and where have you downloaded it from

artistsinhawaii

Check your last three "Files and thumbnails settings"  in config.
And confirm your filesize limitation settings at your webhost.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

morten123

I have downloaded it from the official site. ver 1.3.5. The funny thing is that when I run the batch add again some more files get added and so on??

morten123

I have been trying different things and I am now sure that it have someting to do with pics in resolution 1600 x 1200, can i change the thumb in coppermine so the files can be handlet or is it my provider that is the problem?

Nibbler

That's likely too big for your server to handle, resize them on your pc before you upload.

Joachim Müller

read the sticky threads (yes, all of them) on this sub-board. Should give you an idea what server-sided parameters have an influence on the resizing capabilities of coppermine on your server. There's no general rule how large pics can be to be resized on the server, as it differs from server to server. It's always recommended to resize on your client before upload. Take a look at "Batch-resizing pics"tutorial.

morten123

I have mailed with my webhost  and they say that a picture in 1600 x 1200 is a little over the top, but the problem is just that im collecting lots of wallpapers and the quality have to be good but it seems that I am locked to use pictures in low qual. :o(

Stramm

then ask your host to remove the limits or look for another one

Joachim Müller

another option would be to create the thumbnail and intermediate pic on your client and upload the 3 files. If your full-size with 1600x1200 is named foobar.jpg, then create an intermediate image with the exact resolution you specified in coppermine's config for intermediates and name it normal_foobar.jpg. Do the same thing for the thumbnail, naming it thumb_foobar.jpg. You get the idea. It's easy to script such a task on the client, however, you'll sacrifice one of the big advantages of coppermine: image resizing.