Batch upload thumbnails don't show up (HTTP upload works fine) Batch upload thumbnails don't show up (HTTP upload works fine)

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Batch upload thumbnails don't show up (HTTP upload works fine)

Started by WesG, February 07, 2008, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesG

Hi, I've tried to follow everything outlined in the Upload Troubleshooting section of the Docs, but when I try to batch upload pictures, the filenames are listed on the left with checkboxes, but the thumbnails on the right do not appear. If I add them to an album anyway, then the Result (NA, PB, etc) image is blank (Alt Attribute = "click for details or to reload", the link just takes me to a blank page called addpic.php (GIF image)). After all this, however, the pictures DO end up in the album (I'd just like to see thumbs of which ones I'm adding in batches). If I update the pictures with Admin Tools and then try to batch add again into the same folder, then the thumbnails DO show up this time!
Here's what I have done:
1. I followed the Docs instructions and turned on debug for everyone, turned off display notices, and set the upload form configuration settings for File upload (1) and URI upload (0) and fixed number of boxes. I then tried uploading a picture by HTTP and it worked fine. No error messages.
2. I upload pictures in folders to the gallery Albums folder via FTP.
3. I CHMOD the album (777) and the files (666) when I upload them via FTP. However, once they're added in CPG, I come back to check the permissions and the "original" file created by the Admin Tools is set to permission 644.
4. I then click Batch Add on my page and select the appropriate folder. The filenames show up but no thumbnails.

Here is a link to my gallery: http://www.exposinglight.com/gallery/index.php

I've created a test user account:
username: test
password: testpw

Is there something I can do (or anything else needed for assistance)?

Joachim Müller

Confirming that http uploads work as expected - see http://www.exposinglight.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-318
However, I can see that you have applied a watermarking hack, so maybe that is to blame. As there are several of them (watermarking mods), it's hard to tell what is or might be wrong. Temporarily disable the watermark hack (undo your changes), then try again to find out if the watermark mod is the culprit for your issues.

WesG

I tried reversing the Watermark hack, but this didn't solve the problem. I then noticed that I had a plugin for disabling the right-click menu installed, so I uninstalled that and suddenly the thumbnails appeared when batch adding photos. I re-installed it to verify it was the original culprit, and the thumbnails no longer worked. Uninstall again restored thumbnail function. So, I guess I found my problem. Thanks for the help.
Please mark this thread as solved.

Joachim Müller

Thanks for returning and resolving your thread. I wish all users would do so.

WesG

You're welcome. This support forum and the development team's advice has been a great help in setting up my webpage. Coppermine has been great thus far and I look forward to learning even more great things with it as I get more familiar with it.

-WesG