Bridging between two domains Bridging between two domains

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Bridging between two domains

Started by panhead, September 04, 2019, 09:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead

I have two domains, one with phpBB3 and one where I want to install CPG (due to lack of space in the former one). Is it possible to bridge between these two domains (or synchronize the users in another way)?

panhead

phill104

What do you mean by domains? Are they on the same server or physically different servers with different domain names? The latter is not really possible, the former depends on your setup.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

panhead

Thank you for your reply. They are on different servers with different providers. So I assume that it is not possible.

phill104

There are some workarounds but it could be very difficult. The coppermine install and database would need to be on the same server as PHPbb and the albums folder which is what takes up all the space could be on the second server IF you could sort security issues out and mount it on the PHPbb server. It would in most cases be very problematic hence nobody going that route.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

panhead

Yes, I think it is technically possible, but not worth the effort. And the main issue is that users have to register twice but don't bother  :(