Batch upload, now how to move/manage files Batch upload, now how to move/manage files

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch upload, now how to move/manage files

Started by zoggy, July 20, 2004, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoggy

Ok, 1.3.1 went to the ftp, uploaded pics into a folder called 'batch' that i made subfolder of the albums area.. it found the pics just fine.. 200 pics, made it add.. of course it timed out and so on.. created dupes and blah blah.. tried to remove the file.. it succeeded but left the dupe there.. so i had to reup the pic, then goto the 'rotate and crop' to each pic, and remake the pic/thumbnail by doing the save image... after finally hammering that all out and getting it all straighten now im stuck with 200 pics/thumnails and intermediate pics all made and processed in this batch folder.. what if i want to move these pics to a diff folder.. cause i thought when i made the album and batch added these files.. it was going to move them into this folder.. didnt know it refrenced per location and kept it there.. im logged in as the admin and ive tried logged in as a vbulletin user (linked with the vb3.0) is this just a collection of issues? or am i doing something wrong.. i know this really isnt a 'bug' but maybe just user error.. if so im sorry for putting it in this forum.. figured since it was an 'upload' issue.

kegobeer

Coppermine doesn't move images around.  That's the way it's designed.  Everything is handled in the tables, so a directory structure isn't needed or required.  Don't move the images once they've been added to the database.  That will break the links and your images won't display.  If you want to change what album an image is in, you can do that via the edit pictures function that's displayed next to each album.

If you want to keep your images neat and tidy, you can create a few more directories.  I know a few people that do that, like a directory for family pictures, one for videos, etc.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Casper

I advise that you try and mirror your category/album structure with your folders for batch adding.  That makes it easier to administer.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here