Some pictures doesn´t get included Some pictures doesn´t get included

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Some pictures doesn´t get included

Started by ludde, August 11, 2004, 06:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludde

Hi,

Some of the pictures I include with the batch add feature doesn´t show up in the gallery. I´m not sure, bit it seems like files with odd width/height doesn´t get included for some reason.

I took a look in photoshop of five files that didn´t show up in the gallery. They had the following sizes:
2048 x 1536 (3)
2272 x 1704 (1)
2000 x 1500

When inserting the pictures with searchnew.php?insert=1 a "statusimage" never shows up. It seems like the statusimages are loading, but as the pages load "the browsers imageindicator-pictures" disappears.
But If you are fast you can click on one of the "imageindicator-pictures" before it disappears/loads.

This click takes me to either a image ( The DP-image) or the following error-page:
Warning: Division by zero in /home/vusers/starkast/htdocs/bildarkivet/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 125

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2048 bytes) in /home/vusers/starkast/htdocs/bildarkivet/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 211

The pictures that get included shows the DP if I click on their "imageindicator/status-images", the ones who doesn´t gives me the error page.

Casper

QuoteFatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2048 bytes) in /home/vusers/starkast/htdocs/bildarkivet/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 211

That is your problem, which is well discussed in the uploads board.  Put simply, your server cannot cope with the memory required to perform the operation for images this big.

Please read the stickies in the upload board.  Moving this post to the correct place.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

ludde

Sorry (for not searching the forum properly...), and thank you for your help.

But my memory limit is set to 24MB. Shouldn´t that be enough?!

For example, one picture that didn´t work was 2048x1536.
2048x1536x4= 3145728
3145728/1048576 = 12

Casper

The memory limit is not the only thing that matters, but the image application (GD or Imagemagick) needs to create normal and thumb copies, and in doing so has to copy the original, so the memory required is not as simple as that.

having said that, 24mb is usually enough.  Try copying the same pic to something like 1000x750 and see if it now works.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

the calculation has to take into account the color depth of a pic, so if you have a pic 2048 x 1536 in true color, the size needed is 2048 x 1536 x 32 = 100,663,296 afaik.

GauGau