Winner of the Coppermine logo competition 2007 Winner of the Coppermine logo competition 2007

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Winner of the Coppermine logo competition 2007

Started by Joachim Müller, June 02, 2007, 12:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joachim Müller

Finally, we have a winner:

After going through two rounds of artists submitting their contributions and users voting for them, the final voting stage has closed on 2007-06-02.

The winner contribution is the logo created by tweak:
(https://coppermine-gallery.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcoppermine-gallery.net%2Fdemo%2Fcpg14x%2Falbums%2Fuserpics%2F12850%2Fcpg_logo_07_2_two-sample.jpg&hash=f89cce021f6d3db9fd8e0988bfe2088b32d5f13a)

Congratulations go to the winner and a big "thank you" goes to all contributors who submitted their work and to all users who voted. We'll work out details now how the winner logo will be available (vector format, banners, buttons etc.) and keep you updated here. The logo will ship as well with the next coppermine version.

For reference, here are some details:

Joachim

François Keller

Congratulation Tweak for your logo. Thank's to all others logo contributors. I hope that coppermine will be better recognizable with this new logo
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

SaWey

A very big "Thumbs up" for the new logo!
Coppermine is going web 2.0 :)

Makc666

Tranz

Cool, congrats, Tweak!

You know, that would look nice as a t-shirt...

from cafepress:

Hein Traag

Thumbs up for the new logo. Thanks goes to all contributors and a big thanks to tweak for the new logo  ;)

Sami

Really nice work tweak , maybe we should go for new theme competition too !
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Hein Traag

Quote from: Sami on June 04, 2007, 07:44:21 AM

I second that :). I myself am not that skilled at theming but i bet there a quite a few users out there who are skilled at building awesome themes. Would that be a nice competetion ? A new default coppermine theme to go along with the new version when it comes out ?

François Keller

QuoteA new default coppermine theme to go along with the new version when it comes out ?
Yes good idea  :) a very new look for the next coppermine version can be a good thing for popularity  ;)
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

MarkP

Quote from: Frantz on June 04, 2007, 10:40:34 AM
Yes good idea  :) a very new look for the next coppermine version can be a good thing for popularity  ;)

Only if it would not delay the release.  ;D

Tranz

I agree that a new theme to suit the new logo will be a great idea.

Davide Renda

This is what I simply adore in the "open source world": everybody can contribute according to his/her own skill and produce an excellent package shared among thousands of users worldwide.
Thanks tweaks for your work, thanks to whom has voted, thanks to the whole Coppermine community, in which I'm proud to be part of!

nickfzx

I think the best one won, Lovely logo...will give coppermine a fresh modern look.

Also does this mean that the "photo" part might be dropped from the name...as the logo says "Coppermine Gallery" not "Coppermine Photo Gallery"

just a thought  :)

Abbas Ali

I don't think it will be too hard for Tweak to add a 'P' and 'Photo' in the logo. CPG sounds much better than CG and also we are using this name since the inception of cpg. Just my personal thought...
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Hein Traag

The word Photo should be in the naming. After all that's how it all started is it not ? And it's as Abbas says.. CPG sounds better then CG  ;D

webmisslala

Quote from: Sami on June 04, 2007, 07:44:21 AM

I agree! The new logo is great :)

Andi

Great work !!

congratulation to the winner and congratulation to the coppermine team for this new identity :)
hope, I could help you... :)

OzButcher

Very nice logo!! Congrats Tweak!

I was also amazed at the quality of the many other submissions!  ;D

FrehleyFreakey

Looks great! 

Personally, I would leave the word "photo" omitted, simply because we have songs, videos, lots of files other than just photos in our coppermine gallery, and I'm sure we're not the only ones!

Also because it looks very clean and clear as it is...good job Tweak...and excellent choice by everyone!

Tranz

I agree with FrehleyFreakey about Coppermine being more than a photo gallery. Although I prefer Coppermine Gallery over Coppermine Photo Gallery, I prefer CPG over CG. But maybe I can get used to it. I like how the logo looks with CG.