Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script ! Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !

Started by chalky6666, September 14, 2004, 10:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chalky6666

Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !

I get the above error while trying to upload, the gallery has been running for month with no major problems but this is beyound me,

I've checked all file permissions and they are correct.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Cheers

chalky6666

They all seem to point tothe same thing which I have checked.

I'm now getting this problem using any of the admin keys - I cant get to the config file

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@foc-u.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.foc-u.co.uk Port 80

Casper

Have you tied SILLY_SAFE_MODE.  see  http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#safe

A link to your coppermine gallery might help, although as you are getting an internal server error, it does sound as though your problems lie with your server setup.

I would also suggest you try my site, to see some real 'Tackle'  ;) ;D
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

chalky6666

// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         "localhost";        // Your database server
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         "gareth_copp1";        // Your mysql username
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         "*********";                // Your mysql password
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         "gareth_copp1";        // Your mysql database name

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                "cpg11d_";
?>

where do insert "define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);" do I need to put anything before it or just dump that line after // MySQL configuration?

Going to have a little surf around your tackle pages, some nice bikes on there.  ;)

[edit GauGau]
oh my god, I'm getting a heart attack! Never, ever post your mySQL password on a public board, with this data your whole website can easily be hacked. If you can, change your password - I replaced it with asterisks for now.
[/edit]

Joachim Müller

add a line after <?php, that's the meaning of "beginning" in the documentation.

Joachim

chalky6666

That was my pass word??

ddint look like anything I ever entered or seen before so dont know how it got there or how to change it?

Joachim Müller

that was the password of your mySQL database user. Usually (when webhosted), you can't change this yourself, only your webhost can. You entered it only once, when installing coppermine.

Joachim

chalky6666

No I didnt, there was an option to include a galllery and I just hit the button, I'll have to sort that out, cheers

But::

I now get this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/gareth/public_html/gallery/include/config.inc.php on line 6

chalky6666

fugging idiot, I copied the quote marks over.

ok now I've done that I still get the same error, what was including that line supposed to achieve?

Joachim Müller

post a link to your site, I'm suspecting you're running an outdated coppermine version.

Joachim

Joachim Müller

1) You're running cpg1.2.1, while you're posting on the support board for cpg1.3.x. You could have saved both of us a lot of time if you would have posted on the proper board in the first place. Upgrade!
2) No more support for you from me as long as you obstruct the "Powered by Coppermine" tag at the bottom of your gallery, as this is a violation of the copyright terms of coppermine.

Joachim

chalky6666

Where will I find the code for that line and I'll fix it, I can assume you it was not done intentionly and may have just been during my fiddling to see what happend in different fields, as for the version as this gallery is only a few months old I assumed it was the newst version. How did you find the version info?

My apoligises.

Casper

Finding the version is the easy bit.  I will send you a pm with instructions how to make it visible again, as putting it here would also tell others how to hide it.

Until you replace it, that is as far as we will help.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Tranz

The credit is there, but it blends in too much with the background. It's more of a style issue, it seems. Wouldn't it help people to know how to avoid inadvertently making the background the same color as the credit text when making their own themes? If I'm wrong, you can edit this post. :)

chalky6666

Am going to sort it out anyway but yes its something I dont remember doing so it must have been black to sart with but if it needs fixing then a fixing i will go.  :)

Casper

Yes, I know the credit is there, and what I have sent to chalky is based on that, but we consider hiding the copyright notice to be almost as bad as removing it completely, and therefore do not post instructions how to change it.

And accepting that chalky may have done this by accident, most do not.

chalky6666