upload won't delete ... upload won't delete ...

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

upload won't delete ...

Started by mkyb14, November 19, 2004, 03:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkyb14

after uploading the pictures to a folder ... somehow i deleted it and then the album within the coppermine app won't let me delete it saying that it's  "not writable" for deletion .... anyone know of a way around this ... quite annoying having the photos show up as bad image links on the random part as well as not being able to delete the freaking album ......

http://www.sit-and-spin.com/cpg132/index.php

Tranz

If you deleted the file/folder outside of coppermine, you will need to re-upload it so that coppermine can find it where it expects to find it. Then deleted it from within coppermine.

Joachim Müller

If you can't re-upload them, you'll have to fiddle with your database using a tool like phpMyAdmin or similar). Once pics exist in coppermine's database you mustn't touch them with ftp or similar apps, but use coppermine's user interface to handle them.

Joachim

mkyb14

i did just that and re-uploaded the pictures with the same directory names ... and yet it has doubles of the files one without the picture and one with ... then when i try and select to delete is says that the directory isn't writable when it's the same name and everything ... tried going into phpmyadmin and seeing the values but i have no idea what to delete.

Casper

When gaugau said re-upload, he meant by ftp, to the folders they were originally in.  You should not have uploaded them again by html.

Delete the ones you uploaded again, then ftp them into the original folders(on the server), without adding them to the database again.

You should then be able to delete them using the coppermine delete function.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

mkyb14

duh... i did that through the ftp .... i think that the reason that it's not deleting is because the first time i uploaded them http and not ftp so it's messing up .... i'll give that a try otherwise this sucks... though the pictures aren't there i should be able to delete the data reguardless.