Coppermine not able to create thumb + interm. pix with native BW photos :( Coppermine not able to create thumb + interm. pix with native BW photos :(

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Coppermine not able to create thumb + interm. pix with native BW photos :(

Started by Rodinou, December 27, 2004, 10:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodinou

If some of the Dev Team can test to upload on their album this pic, they'll see Coppermine isn't able to read it correctly.

Tring with ImageMagick no result, idem with GD2.x

The first time I see it ... but I have taken my photos in native BW mode with a Panasonic Lumix FZ10 ...

What's the problem ?

see at : http://www.sortons.net/cpgdevteam/ and take the photos if you want to test.

Joachim Müller

The image libraries coppermine uses (at least GD) can only cope with JPEG files in RGB format, the library doesn't support other formats (as CMYK or 256-color greyscale). That's nothing we (the coppermine dev team) can change, it is caused by the library we (have to) rely on. Not a coppermine issue, but a known issue when using GD. I'm not sure about ImageMagick though, but I guess you would have to use additional parameters as well, so I guess basically the same thing applies to the use of ImageMagick.

Joachim

Casper

Also, the images you asked us to use to try are all corrupt on the server.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here